AMD965 witn one broken pin question?

sunsetreaper

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2011
I was trying to fix one bent pin and i accidentally broke it off and it fell on my table and i i decided to put it back on and it worked and still works up to now and i even gamed with it and i was wondering if its ok to use it like this or will my mobo get fried?

cpatel1987

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010

Hmm from what I know, each pin has a specific function, some of which, similar to motherboard pinouts, can be blank. Check the manual on your CPU, it has a pinout table. Very similar to page 52 of this: ftp://download.intel.com/design/Pentium4/datashts/24919805.pdf . Lol I'm not going to pretend to know what each pin means, but if a pin is specific to a function, you'll know once that function is performed.

Example: I damaged I think a few motherboard pins because thermalpaste got in the socket, and I did my best to clean it out with 95% IPA. Theres like 3 pins that still had traces of thermalpaste on it, and for whatever reason, I could not boot to more than 3 GB of RAM (and I use to be able before that incident) anymore. But otherwise, the computer ran perfectly. Old news though, I replaced that computer with a new build.