Problem in Panasonic battery charger

Last response: in Digital Camera
March 19, 2005 6:32:26 AM

Hi,

I bought Panasonic FZ20 with an extra battery one month ago.

Now I have a problem: The Battery Charger does not work (no light in
the charge led, no power on batteries). Is there a way to fix the
charger by myself?

I want to fix this asap, because I'm going to have a holiday soon (in
Venezuela starting on Wed 23rd March).

Regards,
-Janne
Anonymous
March 19, 2005 12:14:17 PM

On 19 Mar 2005 03:32:26 -0800, "Janne Pyykkö" <janne.pyykko@artemis.fi> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I bought Panasonic FZ20 with an extra battery one month ago.
>
>Now I have a problem: The Battery Charger does not work (no light in
>the charge led, no power on batteries). Is there a way to fix the
>charger by myself?
>
>I want to fix this asap, because I'm going to have a holiday soon (in
>Venezuela starting on Wed 23rd March).
>
>Regards,
>-Janne
Have you tried plugging it in to another
outlet? Try posing your question in the
Panasonic Forum at http://www.dcresource.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26
Anonymous
March 19, 2005 2:05:24 PM

Thanks irwell, I saw your posting in the Panasonic forum. Yes, I have
tried a couple of outlets where other devices work just fine. I'm
starting to think my only hope is to get the charger borrowed from some
local Panasonic user (in Helsinki, Finland).

Regards,
-Janne
March 19, 2005 2:57:32 PM

David J Taylor wrote:
>Take the camera back to the store where you bought it.

The web store locates in France = more than 1000 miles away.

-Janne
Anonymous
March 19, 2005 3:49:23 PM

On 19 Mar 2005 11:05:24 -0800, "Janne Pyykkö" <janne.pyykko@artemis.fi> wrote:

>Thanks irwell, I saw your posting in the Panasonic forum. Yes, I have
>tried a couple of outlets where other devices work just fine. I'm
>starting to think my only hope is to get the charger borrowed from some
>local Panasonic user (in Helsinki, Finland).
>
>Regards,
>-Janne
The other thing you can try is to make sure
the battery is securely snapped in place in the
charger, the plug it in and wiggle the ensemble
to see if the LED comes on.
March 19, 2005 8:03:48 PM

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 11:32:26 +0000, Janne Pyykkö wrote
(in article <1111231946.806350.152690@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>):

> Now I have a problem: The Battery Charger does not work (no light in
> the charge led, no power on batteries). Is there a way to fix the
> charger by myself?

If it's only one month old, I'm sure Panasonic would repair it for you under
the warranty for no charge.

Call the service phone number in your owner's manual.

DaveC
me@privacy.net
This is an invalid return address
Please reply in the news group
Anonymous
March 19, 2005 10:18:27 PM

Janne Pyykkö wrote:
> Thanks irwell, I saw your posting in the Panasonic forum. Yes, I have
> tried a couple of outlets where other devices work just fine. I'm
> starting to think my only hope is to get the charger borrowed from
> some local Panasonic user (in Helsinki, Finland).

Take the camera back to the store where you bought it. Ask them very
nicely if they will swap just the charger from a new camera while yours is
repaired, explaining that you need the charger very soon. [Under UK law
you would be entitled to /something/ for an item which failed prematurely,
i.e. was not of "merchantable qualtiy", faulty when made.]

The store can always say "no".

David
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 3:46:11 PM

On 21 Mar 2005 11:01:27 -0800, "Janne Pyykkö" <janne.pyykko@artemis.fi> wrote:

>>David J Taylor wrote:
>>>Take the camera back to the store where you bought it.
>>
>>The web store locates in France = more than 1000 miles away.
>>
>>-Janne
>
>But, actually, today I found the local Panasonic support (in Kilo,
>Espoo, Finland) and they gave me a new charger without any costs. I'm
>really astonished how easily this problem was finally solved. Happy
>end.
>
>-Janne
Great news. Hope you have a nice trip.
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 10:34:28 PM

"But, actually, today I found the local Panasonic support (in Kilo,
Espoo, Finland) and they gave me a new charger without any costs."

Makes me want to move to Finland, Janne. :-)