irfan88

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2010
Hello,

I currently have a cooler master 430 elite and I am looking for a change in the cabinet as there is no good cable management on my current one.

I have decided to get one of these cases:

CM HAF 912
CM 690 II
Corsair Carbide 400R
NZXT Phantom
CM Storm Enforcer

The only thing I don't like about the CM 690 II and Corsair 400R is too many tiny case fans (so too many wires hanging around). I want to have a good case with good airflow and cable management

The other thing about NZXT phantom is after I install the Hyper 212 plus, there is pretty much no room to install the 200 mm fans on the side for graphic cards.

Storm Enforcer: I like the case but it does not have space for a side fan (for cooling graphic cards, so only 1 intake fan from the front. Is it really going to be enough...I doubt it)

What do you suggest people????

Toxxyc

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
NZXT Phantom has some of the best cable management I've ever seen in a budget case. If that's what you're looking for, not the 912, 690 II or the Corsair will beat it. I'm not sure about the Storm Enforcer though.

Also, if you can get your hands on a white one, you'll have one of the most beautiful cases ever made.

appleshaq

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
What about this case:

http://www.aerocool.com.tw/index.php/products/chassis/28-pgsb/138-xpredator-white

I have recently came across it and its going in my new build! Looks awesome, available in white, black, orange/black and green/black, awesome cable management, cheaply priced, up to 8 fans (!), window, front USB 3.0, 2.0, audio and e-SATA. Also it is unique and I don't think a lot of people would have it (one of the major reasons i'm getting it.

This case is also massive and great for water cooling.

Think about it.

irfan88

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2010
To (Cygone): - My build specifications:

Asus M4N75TD Motherboard (SLI)
Phenom II x4 955 BE 3.8 Ghz
Cooler Master Hyper 212 plus cooler
Corsair XMS3 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz
Cooler Master GX 750 W PSU
Western Digital 500GB and 1TB HDD's
Asus GTX 560Ti DCII Graphics Card (Will add another for SLI)

So do you think that, I will not need the 200mm side fan for my GPU?

To (appleshaq) :- I don't get Aerocool Cases in India (only coolermaster, silverstone, thermaltake, corsair and NZXT)

To (casualbuilder):- HAF 922 does not have great cable management like Phantom or the carbide 400r. 932 is out of my budget.

irfan88

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2010
do you think that, I will not need the 200mm side fan for my GPU?

I need better temps inside my case. As I have the hyper 212 plus, its definite that I will not be able to install a 200mm side fan. So the only intake is the front fan as the two 120mm side fans do not mean anything due to the open mesh at the left side of the case.

You might want to look at another psu if your serious about adding another gpu.
Quite frankly the GX750 isn't up to the task.
It's inefficient,has subpar voltage regulation,and isn't a 750W unit.
http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=188
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Cooler-Master-GX-750-W-Power-Supply-Review/917/1
I have a 690II and i'd rate it above a HAF912.=better build quality
All you'd ever use is the 140mm front intake/top 140mm(add another)and rear 120mm..maybe one other 120mm
So there's really not wires everywhere//the case has good cable managemant.
The Storm Enforcer is essentially a HAF912 with a different skin.
The Phantom will limit hsf choices if the big side fan is used=212+ won't fit
Also you can only use NZXT 200mm fans no other 200mm fans will mount.
Buy whatever appeals to you.
Not one of the cases you''ve listed is a dog.
All are really great cases imo.

irfan88

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2010
ok. after reading too many reviews on google, I have decided to pick one of these 4:

Corsair Carbide 400R
Cooler Master 690 II
Cooler Master HAF 912 advanced
NZXT phantom (too hard to find NZXT case fans in india)

So which of these 3 should I pick for best cable management and good airflow.

NZXT Phantom: - I don't get NZXT case fans here in India. Its too hard to find them. If I don't need the extra 200mm side fan, then I might go with it.

what do u suggest people.......

irfan88

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2010
but I think the corsair 400r beats the cooler master 690 II.

compared to the CM 690 II, corsair has 8 expansion slots. more room for lengthy graphic cards like the 6990. CM 690 II wouldn't even fit the 5970.

and rubber gormets on the corsair for good cable management.

The CM690II has removeable hdd cage so it will fit long cards.
I do think the Corsair case is a good choice though.