Need 2 non-working GBAs with good screen

I am searching for two Game Boy Advances that don't work, but disply screens
still good. (Cheap!)
My grandsons have two that the screens are cracked, and I need to replace
them. So far haven't found any.
If anyone on here happens to have one or two I'd like to buy if reasonable
enough. I'm a retired electronic technician so can do it. In fact one of
these is one I added the afterburner light to.
The grandsons are older now and maybe will be more careful with them!

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 23:05:03 -0500, "oldfogie"
<oldfogie@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>I am searching for two Game Boy Advances that don't work, but disply screens
>still good. (Cheap!)
>My grandsons have two that the screens are cracked, and I need to replace
>them. So far haven't found any.
>If anyone on here happens to have one or two I'd like to buy if reasonable
>enough. I'm a retired electronic technician so can do it. In fact one of
>these is one I added the afterburner light to.
>The grandsons are older now and maybe will be more careful with them!

For original GBA, there are 2 different type of LCD displays. Do you
know which one? The difference can be found by counting the number of
contact on LCD cable. I have a pair of LCD displays with 40 contacts
from older GBAs that have quit working. I'll need to check and make
sure they still works before I sell them.

But wouldn't used GBA off eBay be cheaper than replacement LCD anyway?
Defiantly easier as you wouldn't need to worry about keeping dust off
the LCD and the underside of GBA screen before assembling them. Not
to mention the tri-wing screwdriver for taking the GBA apart.

--

Both of these are Model AGP-001s, and one I left apart has 40 pins on the
display screen connector.