My computer wont start bios not initializing no display but pwr led is on cpu fa

satish1976

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012
Hello,
I assembled this pc past 3 years (2009)
The system config are:
Intel dualcore 2.5ghz,
Trancend 1gb DDR2 667mhz,
Mobo:Asus P5N73-AM,(i dont know the bios firmware
version)
Seagate 160gb sata,
Mercury cabinet and 450 watts SMPS,
Lg dvd writter.
its working very well for last 3years
from last week suddenly the problem was found.
My Computer wont start bios not initializing, no display but pwr led is on,cpu fan is runnning.
I tried to reset CMOS - nothing happened
I replaces RAMs - nothing happened
I replaces prossecer - nothing happened
Removed dust - nothing happened
Removed all attached cards - nothing happened

Please support me.

choco1664

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012
did you test your battery ? still 3V ?
did you test reset cmos + unplug this battery for few hours .. ?
it turn on , without any bip neither screen?
in what config can you hear a bip ?

satish1976

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012

i tested the battery =3.24v

i I tried to reset CMOS - nothing happened

i unplug the bat for 2 hours - nothing happened

I check prossecer,ram and harddisk with another working pc and everything is ok.
But i pwr on this mobo whithout RAM,no beep sound.

prizedcoffeecup

Honorable
Aug 7, 2013
I think i know what is wrong...one of these two solutions is repairable with this motherboard. One, the bios chip is corrupted. Normally this issue is never fixable, but the bios chip is actually socket mounted here, meaning that instead of being sautered directly to the motherboard it is actually replaceable. The only issue with this is that while it is too easy to swap the bios chip on this motherboard, it is also nearly too hard to find the correct chip to install on the board. It is not a matter of the type of bios chip, really, but instead a matter of finding a chip with the right bios for your motherboard model. However, there may be a second problem instead with your motherboard, which is non repairable, and that would be that the motherboard has run long and hard for a very long time, and one of the main capacitors on the motherboard that manage the electricity received from the power supply unit is dead, or the chip on the motherboard managing the "power good" signal that the motherboard requests from the power supply is dead.