Sign in with
Your question
Closed

LAN connection problem

Last response: in Components
October 27, 2011 4:00:29 PM

I am having trouble with my wired LAN connection on my new rig. I have installed the new drivers for it (multiple times) and it keeps showing up as no network access with the yellow triangle next to it. The thing is i can connect to the internet just fine. Web surfing and everything is simple but its starting to bug me now that origin says that im not online because of that triangle. Is this a windows problem or am i simply not using the correct driver. I installed the lan drivers that came with my motherboard disk so i find it hard to believe that it could be that. I am using windows 7 professional.

This is the connection im using Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection

and this is my motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3

any help would be greatly appreciated.

More about : lan connection problem

October 27, 2011 4:56:56 PM

This sounds like a Firewall issue. Make sure you have the correct drivers for your wireless router too. Usually wireless cards will have their own drivers to download.
Score
October 27, 2011 4:57:39 PM

You have access to the Internet, but what about other systems on your network, if any? Could you post an image that shows where you see that yellow triangle?
Score
Related resources
October 27, 2011 10:04:29 PM

You also have a red X for the Internet connection, but you still get connected? What does "ipconfig /all" display? I don't think that the drivers are incorrect (unless there are obvious issues in Device Manager).
Score
October 28, 2011 11:59:35 AM

I don't understand why you did hide your internal IP v4 address as it isn't routable; therefore it isn't a security issue. What device has IP address 192.168.1.254 and is it configured correctly? Unless it's a server, shouldn't the DNS be provided by your ISP?
Score
October 28, 2011 3:16:09 PM

sorry im a little paranoid on whats safe to give out and whats not. the ip address 192.168.1.254 is my modem/router. and i don't understand what you mean by the DNS thing
Score

Best solution

October 28, 2011 5:41:54 PM

I've never seen a router that also is the DNS, at least in environments I'm familiar with. I presume that it forwards DNS requests to your ISP's DNS; otherwise you couldn't access the Internet.

You have to figure out why the Internet link is broken. You could also google "Internet access yellow mark" and see if anything comes up. I presume that you already installed the latest LAN drivers from Intel?

October 28, 2011 6:50:15 PM

well after messing around with it a while i ended up deleting my homegroup and that fixed it. not sure why, but hey whatever works right? I appreciate your help though man. its nice to find people who actually care about your problem.
Score
October 28, 2011 6:50:35 PM

Best answer selected by Daioh.
Score
October 28, 2011 7:03:59 PM

That certainly isn't one of the fixes that I've seen before, but it somehow makes sense.
Score
October 29, 2011 8:18:42 AM

This topic has been closed by Maziar
Score
!