Enter bios without a keyboard

mrtwing

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
ok i have a problem my usb keyboard has packed in i have a ps/2 one but it is not being recognised by the motherboard i have managed to boot windows with a wireles keyboard reciever but no keyboard is there a way of switching on the ps/2 port in bios without a keyboard from windows 7? my motherboard is a foxxconn a76gmv

dome94

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011
If you have a P/S 2 Keyboard, then the BIOS must recognize your keystrokes ...
Maybe it helps to clear your CMOS.
Well, shut down your computer, then unplug your power cable and all the other cables, now press your start button of your computer, because of residual energy.
Once you have done those steps you can open your computer's case, to gain acess to your motherboard. Remove the CR-2032 battery on the board for around 10 seconds.

Such a battery like this one:
upimg470%5CLithium-Batteries-1410.jpg

After 10 seconds you can put your battery back in place.
Then plugin your power cable and all the other cables.
Power up your computer and try to gain acess to your BIOS with your P/S 2 keyboard (remeber that it must be plugged in, before you start your computer, well if not, it will not work).

mfg

mrtwing

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
got a friend to get me a usb keyboard from a carboot it works fine whent into bios reset to default setting and the ps/2 keyboard still didnt work now to go get my money back from scan.co.uk ordered 2 keyboards neither work one came with broken pins the other doesnt register with mobo they where ultra cheap but still one should have worked payed a ton on postage to get them to me asap best get refund on that aswell or im never using scan.co.uk again