Does anyone have experience with Cell Socket?

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

I'm thinking of porting my home# to a line on my Cingular family plan.
I would get a Cell Socket to be able to use my cordless phone system
with the cell line.

Does anyone have any experience/feedback?

Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about does experience cell socket
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    "Bunny" <Bunny@bunny.com> wrote in message
    > I'm thinking of porting my home# to a line on my Cingular family plan. I
    > would get a Cell Socket to be able to use my cordless phone system with
    > the cell line.
    >
    > Does anyone have any experience/feedback?
    >
    > Thanks.

    I'm using one wired in as line two on my home phone system. I put my biz
    phone in it since no one will ever call me on my landline from work anymore
    and this way the phones all over the house will ring. There is a slight
    pause when you pick up, but the sound quality is close to using the CDMA
    headset. I have a Moto T720 on Alltel.

    --
    Thomas M. Goethe
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    I may eventually lose my landline as well. There are now even more options
    for doing this:
    http://www.phonelabs.com/
    http://www.uniden.com/ELBT/index.html

    "Bunny" <Bunny@bunny.com> wrote in message
    > I'm thinking of porting my home# to a line on my Cingular family plan. I
    > would get a Cell Socket to be able to use my cordless phone system with
    > the cell line.
    >
    > Does anyone have any experience/feedback?
    >
    > Thanks.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    <I would get a Cell Socket to be able to use my cordless phone system
    with the cell line. Does anyone have any experience/feedback?>
    Check eBay - I got it $30 cheaper than going to their website. I got one
    for my son too. We both have Motorola V600s. Not too happy when I call
    him - I don't know if it is the phones he is using with it or his reception
    or what - I hear a bad echo - and lots of times it is just not a clear
    voice. Perhaps someone knows if it works better with different phones - he
    has 2 cordless and 1 regular landline phone setup. I bought one for me and
    the few calls I tried it out with on an old landline phone (not cordless) -
    seemed to work fine. I have setup ringtones for different callers etc and I
    just grab my cell it if I leave the house. With cellsocket you would have
    to unhook it which is no big deal but you do lose the individual ringtones.
    I can understand the benefit of using cellsocket with several phones but if
    you are just going to use it with only your cordless phone I'm not sure what
    the benefit is. DonnaB

Cingular Socket Internet Service Providers