Dell Inspiron 6000

Hi,
Just bought Dell and wondering if there are any tools to make sure
everything is working properly b4 i start personalizing it. For ex:
dead pixles, hardware malfunction or anything else i should look out
for etc. Are there any programs that will check these things.

I wanted to upgrade my Ram to 1Gig. Any brand-name/ website?
(currently: 1.8Ghz 533FSB, 256MB,DDR2,400MHZ,1 DIMM,I6000,DISC)

Do I have to buy a ram with 400MHZ or can I buy 533MHZ to match my FSB?

Thanx in Advance,
latez.
1 answer Last reply
More about dell inspiron 6000

    "sherry" wrote:

    > Hi,
    > Just bought Dell and wondering if there are any tools to make sure
    > everything is working properly b4 i start personalizing it. For ex:
    > dead pixles, hardware malfunction or anything else i should look out
    > for etc. Are there any programs that will check these things.
    >
    > I wanted to upgrade my Ram to 1Gig. Any brand-name/ website?
    > (currently: 1.8Ghz 533FSB, 256MB,DDR2,400MHZ,1 DIMM,I6000,DISC)
    >
    > Do I have to buy a ram with 400MHZ or can I buy 533MHZ to match my FSB?
    >
    > Thanx in Advance,
    > latez.

    http://www.crucial.com are great for RAM. Very reliable stuff and if you
    order using their "Memory Advisor Tool", then it's guaranteed to work. They
    don't list 533Mhz RAM for your system, though. Only 400Mhz.

    higgy.

Dell Inspiron Laptops