Evga 560 ti Stock Vs OC

cadefoster

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
Hi,
I am looking at buying a 560 ti as a replacement for my current gts 450. After doing alot of research, I think I am going to go with one of the eVGA models. My question is, how much of a performance difference is there between the stock speeds vs the overclocked versions of the card.? Thanks.

A reference card is the safest bet and you can easily overclock on your own. 920mhz core on the low side while 950-1ghz on the high. Performance is a match for a stock gtx 570 at those speeds but power consumption will be more or less the same.

Be sure it is one with the mid plate.

cadefoster

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
Thanks for the responses. Sorry to have to ask, but what exactly is a mid plate? Also, when it comes to overclocking, I have used msi afterburner is the past, can afterburner be used with cards other than msi? Thanks again.

I didn't have to even do that and that was with a gigabyte gtx 460 and a diamond 3870. No modded files. Version installer 210 something like that.

I'm pretty sure that you've always been able to use it on non MSI cards as I tested it out on my XFX cards when it first came out but I couldn't get the monitor to show CPU temps so I went back to Rivatuner.