Dell Latitude C800 LCD has flickering black lines and some..

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
July 25, 2005 3:56:58 AM

Dear All,

I have a DELL Latitude C800 laptop which is about 4 years old. Recently
its LCD has started giving problmes. Sometimes jumping black lines
appear on the screen. Then the LCD went totally dead and stayed like
that for four days. Today it has started again and is apparantly
working fine. The casing of LCD has a small crack outside however the
techncians have told me that that there is no physical damage to LCD.
What might be the problem?

Regards,

Amjad
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
July 25, 2005 3:07:27 PM

On 24 Jul 2005 23:56:58 -0700, "amjad" <mamjadmalik@gmail.com> wrote:

>Dear All,
>
>I have a DELL Latitude C800 laptop which is about 4 years old. Recently
>its LCD has started giving problmes. Sometimes jumping black lines
>appear on the screen. Then the LCD went totally dead and stayed like
>that for four days. Today it has started again and is apparantly
>working fine. The casing of LCD has a small crack outside however the
>techncians have told me that that there is no physical damage to LCD.
>What might be the problem?

I had the same symptom last year and I tried to change the connections
and connector to the LCD but neither helped. Ended up having a new
LCD installed. Fortunately, it's a company machine, so I didn't have
to pay for the job.

BTW, it's still working fine.

Kal
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 4, 2005 7:18:51 AM

Could be the LCD or the Inverter. Most likely the LCD.

Dewaine

!