RED DRAM LED and ORANGE CPU LED on first build

Ok I'm using a Asus Crosshair Formula V motherboard I hooked up everything and everything seems properly put together like in the instructions. But when I put in the ram I get RED LEDs no matter what I do. Orange LED Happens on my CPU LED. I tried to see if anything is wrong but I can't since the fan won't budge. When I turn on the computer everything seems to power up but when I hook it up to a display nothing happens and says I'm not detected. I don't know what I did wrong :cry: I have the 8pin and pin ATX power connectors plugged in and I even got the system speaker attached. I need help I want to start gaming soon as possible.
3 answers Last reply
More about dram orange build
  1. rolli59 said:

I tried most of those methods. (I couldn't check the CPU since the damn stock Fan wouldn't budge but I assume it's fine since it fell into place like butter.) I think it's a RAM problem since it appears that my motherboard doesn't support the RAM I have.and that the CPU LED does turn green but it seems to be orange because of the RAM not being detected due to compatibility.
  2. What is your specs? Have you tried booting with one stick of ram?
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt CPUs LED Monitor Systems