Canon 300D and RAW files

Last response: in Digital Camera
March 19, 2005 7:13:57 PM

I am a beginner, so any help will be appreciated. I have a Canon 300D,
PhotoShop Elements 2.0 came as part of the software packaged with the camera
and kit. My question is..... Is there a plug in that I can down load that
would allow me to open the RAW files from my camera? If not does PhotoShop
Elements 3.0 allow the opening of Canon 300D RAW files?

Thank You All For Any Help...

More about : canon 300d raw files

March 19, 2005 7:35:03 PM

"kyjim" <kyjgg3421@insightbb.com> wrote in message
>I am a beginner, so any help will be appreciated. I have a Canon 300D,
> PhotoShop Elements 2.0 came as part of the software packaged with the
> camera
> and kit. My question is..... Is there a plug in that I can down load that
> would allow me to open the RAW files from my camera? If not does PhotoShop
> Elements 3.0 allow the opening of Canon 300D RAW files?
>
> Thank You All For Any Help...

If no luck try this for free http://www.lennkvist.com/Xplorer/
Anonymous
March 19, 2005 8:17:03 PM

kyjim wrote:

> I am a beginner, so any help will be appreciated. I have a Canon 300D,
> PhotoShop Elements 2.0 came as part of the software packaged with the camera
> and kit. My question is..... Is there a plug in that I can down load that
> would allow me to open the RAW files from my camera? If not does PhotoShop
> Elements 3.0 allow the opening of Canon 300D RAW files?

Check the software disk that came with your camera..

You *will* have either the Eos Viewer Utility (EVU) or the
newer Digital Photo Professional Utility (DPP). Both these
utilites are designed to convert RAW files.
March 19, 2005 8:58:49 PM

"kyjim" <kyjgg3421@insightbb.com> wrote in message
>I am a beginner, so any help will be appreciated. I have a Canon 300D,
> PhotoShop Elements 2.0 came as part of the software packaged with the
> camera
> and kit. My question is..... Is there a plug in that I can down load that
> would allow me to open the RAW files from my camera? If not does PhotoShop
> Elements 3.0 allow the opening of Canon 300D RAW files?

The Canon Zoombrowser software can process the raw
files. Have you tried that method?

-- Yip
Anonymous
March 19, 2005 11:13:20 PM

"Yip Yap" <yip@no.spam> wrote in message

> "kyjim" <kyjgg3421@insightbb.com> wrote in message
> >I am a beginner, so any help will be appreciated. I have a Canon 300D,
> > PhotoShop Elements 2.0 came as part of the software packaged with the
> > camera
> > and kit. My question is..... Is there a plug in that I can down load
that
> > would allow me to open the RAW files from my camera? If not does
PhotoShop
> > Elements 3.0 allow the opening of Canon 300D RAW files?
>
> The Canon Zoombrowser software can process the raw
> files. Have you tried that method?
>
> -- Yip

Use the canon file view to convert to a tiff...I find the color is a lot
better then if you try and open it in raw with photoshop.
March 20, 2005 4:53:02 AM

To be honest. Zoombrowser is not that great. Try out rawshooter.
http://www.pixmantec.com/products/rawshooter_essentials...
Its free and I have had great results with 300D images.

--
----------------------------------
http://www.aguntherphotography.com

"andre" <andre.gunther@sbcglobal.net> top posted:

> To be honest. Zoombrowser is not that great. Try out rawshooter.
> http://www.pixmantec.com/products/rawshooter_essentials...
> Its free and I have had great results with 300D images.

What version of Zoombrowser are you talking about?
I am running Version 5, and it is great. It fixes many
problems from earlier versions.

-- Yip
Anonymous
March 22, 2005 12:10:41 AM

In article <9dY_d.2701$fn3.1616@attbi_s01>, kyjgg3421@insightbb.com
(kyjim) wrote:

> If not does PhotoShop
> Elements 3.0 allow the opening of Canon 300D RAW files?
Yes

Iain
!