Sign in with
Your question

Micro atx mobo for a i5 3570k?

Last response: in Motherboards
July 25, 2012 7:16:26 PM

threat title states the question, need something cheap like around $130 at most. dont plan on overclocking at the moment, i might in the future though! and also what would be better if i dont overclock i5 3570k or a i5 2500k?

More about : micro atx mobo 3570k

a c 75 V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
July 25, 2012 7:41:41 PM

I would look at the Asus P8Z77-M Pro. I used the z68 version of these board (Asus P8Z68-M Pro) and I really liked it. It will allow overclocking but you don't have to and it is just a nice solid board.
July 25, 2012 9:27:29 PM

My choice at the set budget would be the Asrock z77 extreme4-m. current newegg price is 134.99 and free shipping. Also I pick up the K series because you state that you might overclock in the future. IMO its worth the extra money because you have that option and the K series CPUs tend to last longer than thier respective counterparts. Hope this helps.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Related resources
July 26, 2012 12:38:52 AM

The board you listed is a Z68. There arent too many things that are different except that a Z77 board offers native USB 3.0 and PCIe 3.0.

The board you listed also has USB 3.0 but will require a BIOS update for it to work with the 3rd gen Ivy Bridge CPUs.

Basically it comes down to this..if you have a Z68 system and want to upgrade to the IB CPUs you just update the BIOS and press on. On the other hand if you do not have a z68 or newer build (IE... a new build) its better to just grab the faster and more furture proof Z77 board if it fits your budget.
July 26, 2012 12:43:11 AM

Another note, I used to swear by ASUS motherboards along with many other parts that they carry including laptops. Ive delt with far too many DOAs (motherboards)and other small problems with that company (video cards/laptops).

The last 10 computers I've built have all been Asrock and I havent incountered a single problem with any of them. I'm a fan of what they're doing!
!