Sign in with
Your question

Haf 922 vs Storm Enforcer

Last response: in Systems
July 30, 2011 7:37:34 AM

I've got a bit of a dilemma. I'm building my first custom built computer & I would like to show off my handwork without having to remove the side panel. Though I'm not a hardened gamer, that doesn't mean to say that one day I won't be tempted to buy one or two games to get the feel of it. I've been looking to buy the Cooler Master Storm Enforcer because I like the all black interior and the full side window. Whenever I google haf 922 vs storm enforcer, haf 922 wins every time. Because I live in the UK I've found it virtually impossible to purchase the side window panel of the HAF 922 separately. I have seen it available in the US for $25 but then you got shipping, tax etc... and at the end of all that you end up asking yourself the question, is it worth it? Also I've found the complete Cooler Master HAF 922 with side panel window from 2 companies based in the UK. However, these companies have they come with not many good reviews, but also costs a whopping £40 more. Though I'm working on a tight budget, I'm thinking that the case and the motherboard are the 2 compontents I don't want to really make the wrong choice on. Anything else can just be upgraded at a later date. Am I making a wise choice buying the storm enforcer just because of the side panel window and the all black interior? Or perhaps maybe I should sacrifice another month and wait until I can afford the Cooler Master HAF X where I can get the best of both worlds. A side window and a fan. And best of all, purchase it from a reputable dealer in the UK. All replies are greatfully accepted.

More about : haf 922 storm enforcer

July 30, 2011 7:41:04 AM

Well HAF-X are good ones from CM. So, if you can, then sacrifice a month and get the High Air Flow- X. It would be worth it.
July 30, 2011 8:13:13 AM

HAF 932 is better then the HAF X really... I am in the same type of dilemna as well, Except I have a few more cases I am looking at. The Li Lian k62 is great also, and the new Bitfenix Shinobi seems great but Its not widespread and I want to know what people think
Related resources
July 30, 2011 10:39:09 AM

I have the HAF 922 and all I can say is that it's an amazing case! Installing all the parts was really simple and there was more than enough space to work with.

Looking back, I would probably have spent a little extra money and gotten a Corsair Obsidian. The cable management capabilities of this case are really good.
July 30, 2011 12:20:29 PM

Well HAF-X are good ones from CM. So, if you can, then sacrifice a month and get the High Air Flow- X. It would be worth it.

Thanks for your reply.
July 30, 2011 12:30:44 PM

I have the HAF 922 and all I can say is that it's an amazing case! Installing all the parts was really simple and there was more than enough space to work with.

Looking back, I would probably have spent a little extra money and gotten a Corsair Obsidian. The cable management capabilities of this case are really good.

Hmmmmm. Having googled the pics of that Corsair Obsidan, although it appears to be fine looking inside with a nice side panel window, it looks like a black box. It has no style to it whatsoever. My computer will be sat in my front room alongside my flat screen TV and nice furniture.

You made the better choice I think of buying the HAF 922. It's got style and looks fab.
July 30, 2011 5:42:09 PM

the storm enforcer is a perfectly capable and well reviewed case. its pretty lame that it doesnt include the top 200mm fan, but some people act like if you dont have a haf 922, your computer is going to catch on fire. if you want a side window and you like the case, get it, you are not going to have any problems, although personally id grab a fan or two for the top exhaust (it can accept 2x 120mm or 1x200mm fan).
!