Distinguished
Feb 2, 2011
Hello,

Today i received in the mail my HIS 6970 Turbo
I hooked it up on my Asus m4a89gtd pro/usb3 motherboard
and I cannot get the drivers to install,
when I plug in my DVI cable into 6970 I get absolutely no display
but when I plug into my motherboard everything works,
though when I try to download the 6970 drivers from CCC it detects my motherboards onboard video card
which is a 4290 I believe.
so I cannot get anything out of my 6970
anyone have any ideas

also side not I updated from cross fire 5770's and i uninstalled the drivers for them before hooking up my 6970

caruso26

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2011
Hello,

I have my 6970 installed on my pci-e slot and I cannot get any image what so ever out of it
whenever i try to install the drivers CCC installs a driver for my onboard graphics from my motherboard
which is a 4290
i tried everything i can think of to get this to work
i uninstalled CCC and the 4290 driver
i tried using amd's hot fix and i tried the amd stand alone drivers

nothing is working i cant for the life of me to get this to work.
any help would be greatly appreciated

caruso26

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2011
No I didnt try that I will give it a try though,
and system specs are
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
8GB DDR3
Asus M4A89GTD pro/usb3
Cooler Master 650W PSU
AMD Phenom ii X4 955
1TB HDD 7200RPM

caruso26

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2011
also I do not know how good of an idea it would be to turn off my onboard gaphics if I cannot get the driver for my 6970 to install.
i don't want to run into a black screen

caruso26

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2011
okay so i looked through my bios and i believe i found the onboard graphics though I'm not entirely sure it was the right one but it was most definitely about graphics and devices, also there was still nothing about my 6970 on there or pcie at all in that particular area of the bios.

and just to throw a peace of information out there that i have yet to mention
i am running my dvi cable from my mobo right now not my 6970.
I cannot get a picture from my 6970 at all (but strangely the card is working) like the fan

zodiac321

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2010

disable the onboard graphics anyways. save the settings and shutdown the machine. plug in the DVI cable into the 6970. It should work now

You likely will need to adjust settings in the BIOS. You'll either need to disable the integrated graphics processor (IGP) or enable PCIe graphics. You might need to do both.

The problem you are having has nothing to do with drivers, as it's at post. The drivers are not loaded at post.

caruso26

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2011
on that url you gave me on ehow,
it wouild not work with my problem im having because in my device manager
there is no secondary display, the only thing that shows up is my onboard graphics which is HD 4290. i can disable and uninstall it. but it doesnt do anything with my 6970.

caruso26

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2011
okay thanks and i should have mentioned that I disabled it yesterday and i lost all my image (still nothing from 6970) and had to reset my bios by removing the CMOS battery,
ill look into pcie options once i get back home.

zodiac321

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2010
No, for one you press disable. 2, that is the overclocking section. Look through the entire BIOS until you find something about Graphics, or Graphics port priority. Then disable the Integrated GFX, and enable PCIe. I believe it should be under "MAIN". Look, basically try play around with it is the best I can say, unless you find a more experienced user with the same motherboard. Don't touch anything that has to do with CPU. If all else fails, flash the new BIOS firmware, but leave that until the end, as it may be risky.

caruso26

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2011
I am on the verge of giving up and telling this troll graphics card it wins
so tomorrow I am going to take it into a local computer business with some highly trained employees, and get them to take a look at what is happening,
and since you all tried to help me, if they figure out the problem and tell me i will come back here and let you guys know what it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS