Sign in with
Your question

Broken F_PANEL, can this be repaired?

Last response: in Motherboards
July 26, 2012 2:05:14 AM

Hello,

I recently had trouble starting up my computer, so I did a few diagnostics and figured out that the F_PANEL the power switch connects into to send the signal to the motherboard to power up the power supply was busted. I surmised this by testing the actual switch itself, which works, testing the power supply (works), then shorting the PSU power on pin on the main motherboard with a ground pin, and the computer booted up. I also shorted the actualy power switch pins on the F_PANEL and it didn't work, as expected. So...is there an easy way to repair the motherboard so that this will work? This is the only problem I've seen on the motherboard thus far.

It's a Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P. Would Gigabyte be willing to help me out here, with maybe a replacement or something?

Thanks,

ANiChowy

More about : broken panel repaired

a c 452 V Motherboard
a c 152 ) Power supply
August 4, 2012 12:15:27 AM

That's the same board I have. The first was DOA and had to be RMA'd. Not that that pertains to your problem...
Are you saying that when you jumper the F_Pnl PWR+ pin to case ground the system starts? But when you jumper the F_Pnl PWR+ to the PWR- it won't start?
m
l
August 7, 2012 4:46:31 PM

clutchc said:
That's the same board I have. The first was DOA and had to be RMA'd. Not that that pertains to your problem...
Are you saying that when you jumper the F_Pnl PWR+ pin to case ground the system starts? But when you jumper the F_Pnl PWR+ to the PWR- it won't start?

I'm not talking about the momentary F_PANEL pins at all, I'm talking about whatever sends the electrical signal to the main power connector on the PSU that the PSU should turn on and power everything up. I can short the PSU to turn on, through the main 24-pin connector, but there's no other way to turn it on. The F_PANEL is receiving the momentary charge from the power button, so I know it's not that...I'm thinking that the F_PANEL is never transmitting the signal along the motherboard to the appropriate location to send the signal to the 24-pin.
m
l
a c 452 V Motherboard
a c 152 ) Power supply
August 7, 2012 5:44:48 PM

Oh, I see. You're saying that you have continuity from F_Panel pin to switch back to F_panel pin. But the board is not using the signal to turn on the PSU. I don't see any remedy other than an RMA if the board is new, or a msg to Gigabyte support for assistance. Or, of course, a new motherboard.
m
l
!