May 1, 2011
Hello,

I just finished building this set:

GA-78LMT-S2P Rev 5
Fx 4100
4 gb ram ddr3
Asus 1gb ddr5 6670
DiabloTek 675 psu

When I turn it on I just get a black screen. And that's that. all fans turn on but no image at all. Is the processor dead or the motherboard?

Solution
There are some things to try. Recheck all the plugs/connectors on your motherboard. Is the 4-pin ATX12V on the top left corner of the board is securely plugged in. Check that the CPU and RAM are seated properly in their socket/slots. Try booting without the video card; use the VGA or DVI to connect your monitor.

obsolete99

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2010
There are some things to try. Recheck all the plugs/connectors on your motherboard. Is the 4-pin ATX12V on the top left corner of the board is securely plugged in. Check that the CPU and RAM are seated properly in their socket/slots. Try booting without the video card; use the VGA or DVI to connect your monitor.

Solution

pabloe168

Distinguished
May 1, 2011
Thanks I fixed it. The ram was not working. I think the voltage was incompatible with the processor. I got a lower voltage module with the one I originally bought I think the lower voltage module regulates the higher one and it works. Thanks for the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.