GTX 480 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

doclolwut

Distinguished
May 25, 2011
So, I've been organizing a build featuring 2 GTX 480's in two-way SLI, which is all fine and dandy, but it would be best if I operated off of a 950 watt power supply. Will this able to run the two GTX 480's plus a Core i5 lynfield and 8 gigs of g.skill sniper memory? Please help!

Solution
For anyone running a 2-Way SLI GTX 480 setup, we would suggest no less than a 800 watt power supply of good quality and surely we suggest a 1000 watt if you are overclocking anything in your system.

Is there a reason you want to GTX 480's in SLI? Depending on their price they probably aren't worth it.

Helltech

Distinguished
For anyone running a 2-Way SLI GTX 480 setup, we would suggest no less than a 800 watt power supply of good quality and surely we suggest a 1000 watt if you are overclocking anything in your system.

Is there a reason you want to GTX 480's in SLI? Depending on their price they probably aren't worth it.

Solution

doclolwut

Distinguished
May 25, 2011
Well its an 80 plus BRONZE PSU, and the reason I'm getting 2 GTX 480's is because I'm going to need quite a bit of horse power for my 3D Vision Surround. But they've actually come down in price quite a bit in my opinion. The total cost of my build is less than $2200, and will last me probably around a decade and still be a mid-range rig by then. But anyways, thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.