Nintendo DS price drops to $129 around August 21

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.game-boy,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,comp.sys.handhelds,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

http://ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=59012

$129 Nintendo DS sounds good to me - time to pick one up
3 answers Last reply
More about nintendo price drops august

    <Highlander> wrote in message news:UbqdnV_TaN_RxWPfRVn-oA@comcast.com...
    > http://ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=59012
    >

    > $129 Nintendo DS sounds good to me - time to pick one up
    wow! a whole $20! I've gotta get me ANOTHER one!
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.game-boy,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,comp.sys.handhelds,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    "Rob" <robertnospamaccomando@earthlink.net> wrote in message

    > <Highlander> wrote in message news:UbqdnV_TaN_RxWPfRVn-oA@comcast.com...
    >> http://ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=59012
    >>

    >> $129 Nintendo DS sounds good to me - time to pick one up
    > wow! a whole $20! I've gotta get me ANOTHER one!

    That's a start, but I said it before the DS launch, and I'll say it again -
    Nintendo needs to drop the price to $99 and market the hell out of it as an
    affordable device that will let kids play against each other with a single
    cartridge.

    Imagine your typical family of 2-3 kids. At $99, parents could afford to
    buy each of them a system, and they could all play Mario Kart, Animal
    Crossing, etc. together, anywhere they go. That's one hell of a selling
    point!

    The DS has turned out to be an excellent system for puzzle games and games
    with relatively simple but addictive gameplay, so I think a low price would
    really play to those strengths. Not many people are going to buy a DS to
    play the next epic 3D adventure, or a FPS with N64 graphics, but they will
    buy it just to play Meteos, Nintendogs, and stuff like that - if the price
    is right.

    Of course, it could be that a $99 price is simply prohibitive given the
    technology that is in the DS, but knowing Nintendo, somehow I doubt it.

    (Keep in mind that I'm talking about the US market here.)
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.game-boy,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,comp.sys.handhelds,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 16:26:10 GMT, "El Guapo" <plethora@pinatas.com>
    wrote:

    >Of course, it could be that a $99 price is simply prohibitive given the
    >technology that is in the DS, but knowing Nintendo, somehow I doubt it.
    >
    >(Keep in mind that I'm talking about the US market here.)

    I agree, eventually we will see it at $99, but that will prob happen
    after they redesign it and release a more cost effective model.
    Personally with the SP, GBA micro and DS all being sold at the same
    time Im not sure how they are going market these machines considering
    they are around the same price. It seem's to me Nintendo is competing
    with themselves.

Console Gaming Video Games Nintendo Video Games