ATI Video Driver keeps crashing

lynmay1963

Distinguished
May 25, 2011
Hello,
My Dell Inspiron 2310 All-In-One desktop seems to have developed a problem after only months of use - the video card/driver ATI Mobility Radeon HD5470 keeps crashing and recovering - up to 100 times a day? I am using multiple monitors (with USB2.0 display adaptors) - could this be the reason?

curryj02

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2008

I work at a retailer which sells a bunch of all in ones, and they tend to have quite a few issues.
First I would try unplugging any extra monitors you have to see what effect that has.
When the driver crashes and recovers, does an error message appear? If so what does it say?
What version driver are you using? (right-click the catalyst driver icon in bottom right corner, then click 'about').
If it is not the latest driver then try updating. If it is the latest driver already, then try downloading an older version.
If all this fails you could always try to run a recovery (effectively restoring the system to out of the box state, reinstalling windows etc). Be careful though to backup all data you want to keep before trying this.
If all else fails then defer to the RTARDs that sold the thing to you - dell customer support.