Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Will one broken cpu pin off amd 965 fry my mobo?

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
Share
October 28, 2011 4:56:08 PM

I was trying to fix my bent cpu pin and it broken and landed on my table and i panicked and raged but i decided to give it a shot and tryit out and turned out it works just fine as it did before and i was wondering if its ok to use it this way and it if will fry my mobo? i hope not cause i just bought my mobo. Just wanna make sure with everyone here. i been gaming heavily and everything and nothing has happend plus its oced to 3.8ghz
a b à CPUs
October 28, 2011 5:00:16 PM

you will eventually burn out the cpu, which could in turn cause damage to the mobo. i would replace this immediately.
Score
0
October 28, 2011 5:02:19 PM

casualbuilder said:
you will eventually burn out the cpu, which could in turn cause damage to the mobo. i would replace this immediately.


is this a for sure thing? cause its working just fine and havent had any problems it boots and everything and i been using it for a few days...but damn if that will happen i guess its worth dishing out 189 dollars for a x6 :( 
Score
0
Related resources
a b à CPUs
October 28, 2011 5:05:45 PM

ummm, it will definately happen. power is still going to where that pin was located...now it has nowhere to go. it will cause damage/defects.
Score
0
a b à CPUs
October 28, 2011 5:07:49 PM

Just put a copper wire that makes contact with the chip and the bottom of the socket.

Works like a charm 8)

Cheers!
Score
0
October 28, 2011 5:08:47 PM

Yuka said:
Just put a copper wire that makes contact with the chip and the bottom of the socket.

Works like a charm 8)

Cheers!



and what if i dont do this cause its too hard for me?
Score
0
October 28, 2011 5:11:05 PM

How did you break that pin?? :o 
Score
0
October 28, 2011 5:15:35 PM

sayantan said:
How did you break that pin?? :o 




was trying to straighten it out and it felt offf
Score
0
a b à CPUs
October 28, 2011 5:22:01 PM

sunsetreaper said:
and what if i dont do this cause its too hard for me?


It doesn't involve soldering if you thought that. Just long enough to make contact on both ends. You just have to watch for it to NOT touch anything else on the CPU.

sunsetreaper said:
was trying to straighten it out and it felt offf


Happened to friends also; what I'm telling you is proven theory :p 

Just wash your hands and try to use gloves so you don't put human grease over the copper wire :p 

Cheers!
Score
0
October 28, 2011 5:23:16 PM

Yuka said:
It doesn't involve soldering if you thought that. Just long enough to make contact on both ends. You just have to watch for it to NOT touch anything else on the CPU.



Happened to friends also; what I'm telling you is proven theory :p 

Just wash your hands and try to use gloves so you don't put human grease over the copper wire :p 

Cheers!



well i dont think im gonna do this yuka so what if i dont whats the worst that can happen? should i just buy a new cpu or use this one till it burns off?
Score
0
a b à CPUs
October 28, 2011 5:29:50 PM

Well, I've never seen a fried CPU from an electrical bridge myself, so I really don't know what would happen in that scenario.

It is advisable that you actually get a new CPU and play it safe if you don't want to play with uncertainty/risk.

Cheers!
Score
0
!