Will one broken cpu pin off amd 965 fry my mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunsetreaper

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2011
I was trying to fix my bent cpu pin and it broken and landed on my table and i panicked and raged but i decided to give it a shot and tryit out and turned out it works just fine as it did before and i was wondering if its ok to use it this way and it if will fry my mobo? i hope not cause i just bought my mobo. Just wanna make sure with everyone here. i been gaming heavily and everything and nothing has happend plus its oced to 3.8ghz

sunsetreaper

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2011

is this a for sure thing? cause its working just fine and havent had any problems it boots and everything and i been using it for a few days...but damn if that will happen i guess its worth dishing out 189 dollars for a x6 :(

sunsetreaper

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2011

and what if i dont do this cause its too hard for me?

It doesn't involve soldering if you thought that. Just long enough to make contact on both ends. You just have to watch for it to NOT touch anything else on the CPU.

Happened to friends also; what I'm telling you is proven theory :p

Just wash your hands and try to use gloves so you don't put human grease over the copper wire :p

Cheers!

sunsetreaper

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2011

well i dont think im gonna do this yuka so what if i dont whats the worst that can happen? should i just buy a new cpu or use this one till it burns off?

Well, I've never seen a fried CPU from an electrical bridge myself, so I really don't know what would happen in that scenario.

It is advisable that you actually get a new CPU and play it safe if you don't want to play with uncertainty/risk.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS