Radeon HD 6670 - Questions or Suggestions

nbstrong

Distinguished
May 25, 2011
I saw the Radeon HD 6670 in the article and I am seriously considering buying it. I need to upgrade my graphics card but I am a bit clueless and I want to make sure I won't run into any problems that I cannot foresee from my ignorance.

I have installed a graphics card before. I don't know much about power supplies though so I'm hoping I can make this purchase without having to do anything with that or if there is a better card I can buy without having to upgrade my PS that would be great. My biggest concern right now is just ease of use and installation. I'd like to be able to buy the card and install it without having too many problems or having to upgrade the rest of my PC.

Looking to play most new games at 1440x900. I don't mind if I cannot go high settings though that would be great.

My current card is: Nvidia GeForce 9300 GE
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz 2.34 GHz
RAM: 8 GB

Thank you SO much for your help.

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
The 6670 doesn't have external power connectors as it draws all of its power from the PCI-E slot, so you should be perfectly fine just taking it and putting it in.

Just make sure to remove ALL of your old video card drivers before installing the ATI drivers once the card's installed! You can use an easy program called Driversweeper from guru3d.com