PC freezes after installing TP Link TL-WN350GD Wireless adapter driver
GPU: AMD Athlon 1100 MHz
MoBo: MSI MS-6380E, Chipset: VIA VT8366A Apollo KT266A
RAM: 768MB (DDR SDRAM)
HDD: MAXTOR 40GB + QUANTUM 20GB
GPU: ATI Radeon 9600 SE 128MB
WiFi: TP Link TL-WN350GD

WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL SERVICE PACK 3

I've tried the card in every PCI slot and I'm still having the same problem. I used FOLLOWING DRIVERS: 20081210154120.zip AND tl-wn350g_wn350gd.rar

Any suggestions on how to make the Wireless PCI Card work?
Anonymous
January 9, 2011 4:44:17 PM

Could be a PCI clash.

Go into the BIOS screens and disable any ports not in use -- for example Game/Midi, COM ports, Parallel Printer. Then uninstall wireless adapter in Device Manager -- and physically -- and restart Windows a few times to reassign resources.

Try installing wireless adapter again.

If it proves impossible there may be a hardware fault in the adapter -- or just the combination of that adapter and your computer won't work. There's always USB.
January 10, 2011 9:52:19 AM

Quote:
Could be a PCI clash.

Go into the BIOS screens and disable any ports not in use -- for example Game/Midi, COM ports, Parallel Printer. Then uninstall wireless adapter in Device Manager -- and physically -- and restart Windows a few times to reassign resources.

Try installing wireless adapter again.

If it proves impossible there may be a hardware fault in the adapter -- or just the combination of that adapter and your computer won't work. There's always USB.

And I tried and again same problem
Related resources
Anonymous
January 10, 2011 10:46:50 AM

If you are using the correct drivers, make sure the failed install is fully uninstalled -- which may involve picking through the Registry.

But I wouldn't go on banging your head against a brick wall -- if the unit is newly purchased take it back and swap for a different model.

If older, you may have to buy a new one.
January 10, 2011 12:21:32 PM

Quote:
If you are using the correct drivers, make sure the failed install is fully uninstalled -- which may involve picking through the Registry.

But I wouldn't go on banging your head against a brick wall -- if the unit is newly purchased take it back and swap for a different model.

If older, you may have to buy a new one.

This TP Link TL-WN350GD is correctly previously worked in another computer with the same driver

Thanks for your advice, will look for a new Wireless card (from another manufacturer), I might have better luck
!