890FXA-GD70 No Display/ post FF Error, Already Read previous Forum Troubleshoot

donbouche

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2011
Me and a friend, whom is an experienced builder/ i'm not, built a pc for me this weekend. It has:

890FXA-GD70 motherboard
AMD Phenom 2 6-core processor
8 gigs ddr3 ram
2 GTX 9800 graphics cards

I've looked through countless threads on the site and have even followed through the trouble shooting tutorial that everyone keeps posting and yet I still have the same issues. When it's turned on, there is no display on the monitor and a FF code is displayed on the debugg LED.

I have tried resetting the CMOS many times, which has not worked. I've also tried switching the RAM to DIMM 1 and also DIMM 4 according to the manual and then according to what ppl have posted about it booting in DIMM 4. I have also reseated the processsor and made sure that no thermal paste was touching anything. All of the CPU phase lights come on as soon as i power it up. Everything also sem to be getting power. The HDD LED is also constantly flashing. I did notice though that when I unplug the HDD that the light does not change on the HDD LED. IS it suppose to, or do I need to reset something before it does change? Like I said I'm new to this somewhat and as i imagine anyone would I am geting pretty flustered over it. Please help lol.

mrrobotics

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012