How can I expect to run The Witcher 2

I have an Intel core i7 870 along with a gtx 275 1792mb single card and 6GB RAM.I want to buy the game but so far I am not sure whether my rig can handle the game with a decent frame rate.I know I will have to turn ubersampling off and turn all the settings a notch below ultra which is high.With these settings can I get 30-40 fps.I consider 30-40 to be playable and I can tolerate a minimum of 25 fps.So by my standards can I play the game with these settings.
My resolution is 1680X1050 .
10 answers Last reply
More about expect witcher
  1. I'm currently able to run it on "low" settings with a decent framerate.

    I only have an Intel Core Duo 2.66 GHz with a NVidia 8800 GTX.

    The game still looks good, even on "low". I'm sure you'll be able to play it on medium without too much difficulty.
  2. But I hate running games on low settings.Will my rig handle it at the settings as I specified in my post at 30+ fps?I hate buying games just to run them on low settings.lol
  3. I would say yes, i run a q6600 at 3.2ghz right now with 8 gigs of ram, 2 470's slied at 1920x1200 at full graphics and get about 20-25 fps. Although i would like to see an I7 take on game.
  4. celpas said:
    But I hate running games on low settings.Will my rig handle it at the settings as I specified in my post at 30+ fps?I hate buying games just to run them on low settings.lol


    i think your card should be able to handle the game with the mix of high and medium setting. but you're going to need the latest beta driver from nvidia since the new driver include performance improvement for the game. personally i hope my GTX460 able to handle the game at high setting with 1600x900 resolution. some people mention that even 6970 can't handle the game on the highest setting (but i do not know how much performance improvement the latest catalyst hotfix bring for the game since AMD just release the hotfix a while ago :) )
  5. my OC'ed 5850 can barely handle high settings so i would expect you to run it on medium
  6. Derbixrace said:
    my OC'ed 5850 can barely handle high settings so i would expect you to run it on medium

    What resolution?
  7. celpas said:
    What resolution?


    1080p
  8. I think High should work fine. As far as I know, before the 11.5b hotfix crossfire wasn't working and my 5850s were running it at High. Now with the hotfix I'm running it with all settings maxed except Ubersampling with 90+ FPS, 1080p. With Uber on it drops to around 30-35 but with some bad slowdown at times... better to just keep it off.

    Anyway before this driver fix it was running around 30-50 on high and it was very playable.
  9. wolfram23 said:
    I think High should work fine. As far as I know, before the 11.5b hotfix crossfire wasn't working and my 5850s were running it at High. Now with the hotfix I'm running it with all settings maxed except Ubersampling with 90+ FPS, 1080p. With Uber on it drops to around 30-35 but with some bad slowdown at times... better to just keep it off.

    Anyway before this driver fix it was running around 30-50 on high and it was very playable.

    so I can run it on high settings?
  10. celpas said:
    so I can run it on high settings?


    According to http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/169?vs=164

    The 275 is worse than a 5850.

    Going by that, at this time I guess probably medium/high. But I think there are a lot of optimizations yet to be seen that will improve performance.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Games Intel i7 Graphics