Bent motherboard socket pins

Sindicate416

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
I am thinking about buying a used motherboard because its an amazing deal, but the socket pins are bent on the motherboard. Is it fixable, and how hard would it be to fix?

Thanks

ahmadamsri

Honorable
Jul 22, 2012
i dont think its easy to fixbecause some pins might get broken and nothing u can do for the motherboard i recommend to buy a new one better than dealingwith such hard problems and you might face problems since its a used mobo

ahmadamsri

Honorable
Jul 22, 2012
if the pin is not squeesed to the near pins u can deal with like using a knife or such things to make it almost in its correct place if its 1 pin and brand new go for it if the price is low but if the price is a little low go for a new 1

james_73

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012
I've had a single pin bent, they are tiny. The MB was unable to access a particular RAM slot because of it and I couldn't figure out why.

When I discovered it, I bent it back into shape but it was pretty tricky, the pins are really delicate and its a bit tough to know if its in the right spot. Can load it full of RAM now.

It depends on how many are bent. If its just a few and they are separated, it *might* be possible to restore it by aligning the bent pins with adjacent unbent ones. You can use a fine stainless steel plaster cutter but be delicate with it.

Aegeus

Honorable
Aug 6, 2012
I even fixed a broken pin using another broken pin from and old and dead MOBO and cutting it to half and sliding it below the broken pin, when the processor presses against it, it made contact ^^ I felt freaking pro when that actually worked xD