Closed Solved

Upgrade or SLI

Hey guys

I cannot seem to make by mind on either to, buy a new GPU or should I go with SLI. I currently have: i5 2500k, Asrock P67 extreme4, 4gb of Mushkin DRR3 ram, 4 TB of hard drives, Corsair TX750 PSU with an Zoteac GTX 460 1gb (not the SC). All in a Corsair 600T. I have about $350. And I do not know what to do with it.

1. Should I buy a new 6970?
2. Buy a gtx 580 and use the 460 and a physic card
3. Buy another 460 and go nuclear (sli)
4. Buy another 460 and use the remainder on upgrading my ram or buy a H70.
5. Or should I just save my money.

Help guys I don’t know?!

Thank you in advance.
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about upgrade
  1. 1) If you want to save some money, buy another 1GB 460 for sli.
    Because 1GB 460sli >GTX480=HD6970 and GTX580 > 460Sli

2) Save all your money for rain day.

3) If you want to spend the money, buy GTX 580.
  2. Best answer
    ess elle eye

It'll give you great performance and the best bang for your buck.
  3. SLI is going to be the best option, IMO. You already have the power supply for it, and it will give you a ~85%-90% performance boost. I really don't think it's worth getting a GTX 580 or HD6970 because in both of those cases you take a loss when you get rid of the current GTX 460, and then spend more yet on the new card.
  4. Thank you guys. I knew i could count on your help. SLI (ESS ELLE EYE) here I come.

I currently have a Zotac GTX 460 1GB could I buy a the EVGA GTX 460 1GB superoverclocked for my sli. or should i stick with another Zotac gtx?
  5. You can mix and match brands if you don't mind them looking different inside the case =P

Get whichever. I'd suggest matching clocks to the highest one, or just OCing both ;)
  6. you know what im going to stick with the Zotac one i got a Black and yellow theme going. But thank you all for your help. allso they are on sale for $120 at the Canada computers.
  7. Best answer selected by singhie.
  8. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards SLI Graphics