  • Video Games
  • Product
Last response: in PC Gaming
August 16, 2005 7:18:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.game-boy,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.games.video.nintendo,uk.games.video.gameboy (More info?)

"Nintendo announced the Game Boy Micro will ship to stores Sept. 19."

http://money.cnn.com/2005/08/16/technology/personaltech...

More about : gameboy micro release sept 19th 20th

Anonymous
August 16, 2005 8:29:48 PM

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 15:18:45 -0500, <Highlander> wrote:

> "Nintendo announced the Game Boy Micro will ship to stores Sept. 19."
>
>http://money.cnn.com/2005/08/16/technology/personaltech...

This is what I dont understand, if the Nintendo DS is going down to
$129 and it will be coming with a game and the GBA micro is going to
cost 89 dollars, who the hell is going to by the GBA micro? If you
save another 40 dollars you get a much better system that still plays
all the GBA games... There are some great GBA games, but it seems to
me the platform is winding down and the great portable games are
coming out for the DS now, so how does Nintendo think they are going
to sell this?
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 11:42:57 PM

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 16:29:48 -0400, kevin <kevnospam242@gmail.com>
wrote:

>This is what I dont understand, if the Nintendo DS is going down to
>$129 and it will be coming with a game and the GBA micro is going to
>cost 89 dollars, who the hell is going to by the GBA micro? If you
>save another 40 dollars you get a much better system that still plays
>all the GBA games...
[snip]

Exactly. DS can play only GBA games. Micro can still play all older
GB and GBC games which DS can't play at all. Plus DS don't have
multiplayer support for GBA.
August 17, 2005 12:31:11 AM

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 19:42:57 -0400, Impmon <impmon@digi.mon> wrote:

>Exactly. DS can play only GBA games. Micro can still play all older
>GB and GBC games which DS can't play at all. Plus DS don't have
>multiplayer support for GBA.

Actually the micro can't play any GB or GBC games.

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 22:48:38 +0100, Tim Miller
<news@economic-truth.co.uk> wrote:

>People who don't have to wear XXXXXXXL jeans, but want to put a console
>in their pocket?
>
>Followups set in accordance with newsgroup charters.
>
>Tim (tm)

That is a good point I didn't think of that. The SP is small too.. I
havent tried one yet, but I almost think the micro is too small as far
as the screen goes.
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 2:48:38 AM

--
tim (at) economic-truth.co.uk
http://www.ugvm.org.uk - the uk.games.video.misc magazine

"kevin" <kevnospam242@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:o ui4g15tpekuvlne029etpbvgb5cm1suj5@4ax.com...
> On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 15:18:45 -0500, <Highlander> wrote:
>
> > "Nintendo announced the Game Boy Micro will ship to stores Sept. 19."
> >

>http://money.cnn.com/2005/08/16/technology/personaltech...
> >

> This is what I dont understand, if the Nintendo DS is going down to
> $129 and it will be coming with a game

Not likely. The free Mario promotion will probably end with the price drop.

> and the GBA micro is going to
> cost 89 dollars, who the hell is going to by the GBA micro? If you
> save another 40 dollars you get a much better system that still plays
> all the GBA games... There are some great GBA games, but it seems to
> me the platform is winding down and the great portable games are
> coming out for the DS now, so how does Nintendo think they are going
> to sell this?

Anonymous
August 17, 2005 1:28:18 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.game-boy,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.games.video.nintendo,uk.games.video.gameboy (More info?)

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 09:28:17 GMT, "Donald Richter"
<GrGoblin@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>> This is what I dont understand, if the Nintendo DS is going down to
>> $129 and it will be coming with a game
>
>Not likely. The free Mario promotion will probably end with the price drop.

I thought they announced last month they would be packaging Metroid
Hunters with the DS once it comes out..
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 1:28:19 PM

kevin wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 09:28:17 GMT, "Donald Richter"
> <GrGoblin@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>

>>>This is what I dont understand, if the Nintendo DS is going down to
>>>$129 and it will be coming with a game
>>
>>Not likely. The free Mario promotion will probably end with the price drop.
>>

> I thought they announced last month they would be packaging Metroid
> Hunters with the DS once it comes out..

Assuming Metroid Hunters *ever* comes out... I thought it was supposed
to be out back in January or so.
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 4:04:01 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.game-boy,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.games.video.nintendo,uk.games.video.gameboy (More info?)

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 09:09:39 -0400, "Michael J. Sherman"
<msherman@dsbox.com> wrote:

>Assuming Metroid Hunters *ever* comes out... I thought it was supposed
>to be out back in January or so.

I think it is coming out this month.
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 10:13:06 PM

In article <mq86g19q7dn126jan4t6dme4cpkun2t5mq@4ax.com>,
kevin <kevnospam242@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 09:28:17 GMT, "Donald Richter"
><GrGoblin@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>
>>> This is what I dont understand, if the Nintendo DS is going down to
>>> $129 and it will be coming with a game
>>
>>Not likely. The free Mario promotion will probably end with the price drop.
>>

>I thought they announced last month they would be packaging Metroid
>Hunters with the DS once it comes out..

I think that there will be a $150 bundle w/ Metroid Hunters or $130
for just the DS.

Vin
Anonymous
August 18, 2005 12:43:22 AM

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 07:45:57 -0400, kevin <kevnospam242@gmail.com>
wrote:

>I thought they announced last month they would be packaging Metroid
>Hunters with the DS once it comes out..

Well, it does come with one now but only a demo version.
August 19, 2005 3:26:20 AM

Highlander wrote:
> "Nintendo announced the Game Boy Micro will ship to stores Sept. 19."
>
> http://money.cnn.com/2005/08/16/technology/personaltech...

which ONLINE store is already taking pre orders for the micro?
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 11:17:30 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.game-boy,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.games.video.nintendo,uk.games.video.gameboy (More info?)

"kevin" <kevnospam242@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:o ui4g15tpekuvlne029etpbvgb5cm1suj5@4ax.com...
> On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 15:18:45 -0500, <Highlander> wrote:
>
>> "Nintendo announced the Game Boy Micro will ship to stores Sept. 19."
>>
>>http://money.cnn.com/2005/08/16/technology/personaltech...
>>

> This is what I dont understand, if the Nintendo DS is going down to
> $129 and it will be coming with a game and the GBA micro is going to
> cost 89 dollars, who the hell is going to by the GBA micro? If you
> save another 40 dollars you get a much better system that still plays
> all the GBA games... There are some great GBA games, but it seems to
> me the platform is winding down and the great portable games are
> coming out for the DS now, so how does Nintendo think they are going
> to sell this?

Multiplayer. You can't play GBA games in Multiplayer on the DS.

Personally, I'm happy with my GBASP, but I can see the appeal of the Micro, if
only as a niche product. It doesn't really cost Nintendo a whole lot to make, so
why the hell not? It's an amusement.