Sign in with
Your question

MOAR BAAAASSSS - headphones, For gaming too!

Last response: in Components
October 21, 2011 4:04:28 AM

looking for the biggest BASS moar moar bass, i love my trance/dubstep/house etc music with lots of bass, im a dj with a 600$ Polk audio 1000 watt subwoofer so i want the best bass i can get in 2.1 speakers for my gaming desktop; 300 buxks is the budget since its only for the computer and then id need to get a sound card >_>
a b 4 Gaming
October 21, 2011 5:12:24 AM

Are you looking for speakers or a sound card?

If you want speakers try the Corsair sp2500.
a b 4 Gaming
October 21, 2011 5:59:46 AM

Quote:
Are you looking for speakers or a sound card?

If you want speakers try the Corsair sp2500.

^+1 already recommended in the OP's other post in the Graphics section.
Related resources
October 21, 2011 6:41:06 AM

Quote:
As a side note you cannot get "rib shaking bass" from any pc audio equipment.
You will require something like what i have posted above.
But if all you want is quality then this can be had OFC.

+1

This is really the only way to get what you are looking for. I've built systems like this twice and find it fun, but you will more than likely be looking to spend more than your current budget. I would estimate the range of $800-$1,000 (USD) for a solid bass.
October 29, 2011 9:56:49 AM

I have the monster miles Davis tributes (top of the line monster 'phones) and while they have great bass for my iPhone, I want the most powerful bass for headphones for my pc; I want biggest baddest bass for my trance music, if you've heard the monster MDT's, u know what I'm talking about.

I did some research and many people say the audio technica mk2 700 pro are amazing bass, I've heard the Sony XB500 in best buy and they sucked IMO, mot that much bass. I want moaaaaar , u can also recommend gaming headsets cause I'll want InmersiĆ³n on my games, but only if they have some huge and powerful head shaking bass! Thanks !!

Enjoy the little things in life guys!
October 29, 2011 10:12:47 AM

I suggest the xbox mic, it costs $20 and has one headphone, but has beast base.
October 29, 2011 10:13:27 AM

Base? 20$? Nah
October 29, 2011 10:14:20 AM

1 headphone? Urge kidding right? I come from 500 dollar in ears...
October 29, 2011 1:34:20 PM

I believe games do not have that kind of earth-shaking ultra low bass.What they have is multichannel audio o/p.Games are not all about bass but its about immersion and surround sound effects.You may try Dr.dre monster beats headphones.They pack really heavy bass mostly suitable for trance ,hip hop etc.But I don't think they have much value in gaming.
Razor Megalodon is a 7.1 channel gaming headset which can be brought down to 2.1 while listning to music.But I doubt it has such kind of bass you want.
October 29, 2011 4:24:47 PM

sayantan said:
I believe games do not have that kind of earth-shaking ultra low bass.What they have is multichannel audio o/p.Games are not all about bass but its about immersion and surround sound effects.You may try Dr.dre monster beats headphones.They pack really heavy bass mostly suitable for trance ,hip hop etc.But I don't think they have much value in gaming.
Razor Megalodon is a 7.1 channel gaming headset which can be brought down to 2.1 while listning to music.But I doubt it has such kind of bass you want.

Ok then, which phones for best bass, not gaming? The beats r looked down upon in the audio community
October 29, 2011 4:30:07 PM

Any budget considerations??
October 29, 2011 4:47:58 PM

sayantan said:
Any budget considerations??

175$
October 29, 2011 6:48:20 PM

Sennheiser HD 280 pro
Ultrasone HFI-680
V-Moda XFLPR
Sony MDR V900HD
V-Moda V 80
Beyerdynamic DT880 PRO
Shure SRH750DJ
November 1, 2011 9:58:40 PM

sayantan said:
Sennheiser HD 280 pro
Ultrasone HFI-680
V-Moda XFLPR
Sony MDR V900HD
V-Moda V 80
Beyerdynamic DT880 PRO
Shure SRH750DJ

These all have a STRONGER bass than the Sony xb500 right? Cause that bass was NOT enough for me, it wasn't bad but my milesbdavis actually sound louder in bass. I want the STRONGEST
November 2, 2011 4:12:55 AM

Yes they do.Direct comparison is not possible but unlike xb500 they have a pretty flat bass response especially in lower end of the spectrum.
November 2, 2011 4:13:03 AM

Yes they do.Direct comparison is not possible but unlike xb500 they have a pretty flat bass response especially in lower end of the spectrum.
November 5, 2011 5:44:30 PM

So my ps3's optical sound is dead...one day it was working...now its not..whooo

so im using hdmi for my monitor; and i want good audio so what do i need to get so that the audio comes thru the (component??) cables, into my pc, out my promedia 2.1 speakers? Or is there a better solution with my a30 headphones?
November 5, 2011 6:33:00 PM

Connect your home entertainment system up to your tv using the aux.
November 6, 2011 9:44:11 PM

So i've heard that the megalodons have some good bass but has mixed reviews...what do you guys know about best bass in a gaming headset?
November 7, 2011 5:13:45 PM

sayantan said:

I dont quite understand? from 1 to 5 the bass in the xb500's is 4, i want, if possible, stronger bass with better sound quality because it reallt wasent that great i mean, its a 50 dollar headphone.
November 9, 2011 3:22:12 PM

If you rate them on a scale of 1 to 5,I would give xb500 3.5 and the above mentioned head phones 4 in terms of bass.Overall sound quality of the above mentioned HPs are also much better than xb500.xb500 lacks the crystal clear mids and highs and might sound a bit hollow.In terms of bass they should perform better than xb500 but the real improvement can be felt in the mids and highs.
November 27, 2011 10:26:56 PM

from 80-100?
November 27, 2011 10:38:02 PM

bass is important (: and what exactly would the sound card do?
a b 4 Gaming
November 28, 2011 3:14:43 AM

Whats the headphone, or more importantly, whats its rated impedance? Some headphones benefit from a powered amp, which favors a certain selection of soundcards, while for others it doesn't matter.

For under $100:
With amp: ASUS Xonar DG [no other options until the Auzentech Forte at about $120 or so...]
Without Amp: ASUS Xonar D1/DX [Next best option is HT Omega Claro+ for about $130 or so]
November 28, 2011 5:04:45 AM

most would say the Asus Xonar Essence ST is basically a headphone amp, which would be perfect for games. it is also excellent for music through any of it's outputs. although it's closer to the $200 price range. top-notch card.
November 30, 2011 9:06:26 AM

Quote:
Whats the headphone, or more importantly, whats its rated impedance? Some headphones benefit from a powered amp, which favors a certain selection of soundcards, while for others it doesn't matter.

For under $100:
With amp: ASUS Xonar DG [no other options until the Auzentech Forte at about $120 or so...]
Without Amp: ASUS Xonar D1/DX [Next best option is HT Omega Claro+ for about $130 or so]

Ultrasone Pro900s.

and what do u mean by amp/w/o amp?
a b 4 Gaming
November 30, 2011 12:57:15 PM

Quote:

Headphones with higher impedance require more voltage to attain louder volumes. Most headphones on the market have VERY low impedances so they can work with your generic iPod, but higher quality headphones tend to have higher impedances, thus requiring an amplifer to increase the voltage, and thus the volume.

Your Ultrasone Pro 900's are right at that point where some amplification might be needed; their rated impedance is 40 Ohms, which is usually low enough to be driven without an amp, but some might find the maximum volume a bit on the low side...I'd recommend the ASUS Xonar D1/DX at this stage, but if you find the volume of your headset a bit on the low side, you may need to go the ASUS Xonar DG route instead.
December 1, 2011 4:29:41 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Headphones with higher impedance require more voltage to attain louder volumes. Most headphones on the market have VERY low impedances so they can work with your generic iPod, but higher quality headphones tend to have higher impedances, thus requiring an amplifer to increase the voltage, and thus the volume.

Your Ultrasone Pro 900's are right at that point where some amplification might be needed; their rated impedance is 40 Ohms, which is usually low enough to be driven without an amp, but some might find the maximum volume a bit on the low side...I'd recommend the ASUS Xonar D1/DX at this stage, but if you find the volume of your headset a bit on the low side, you may need to go the ASUS Xonar DG route instead.

People at head-fi reccomended me the asus essence and the beyer dt990 which are 250ohms, they say the essence is quite enough to drive them, but, i want BASSS so i was thinking of adding the Zo2 Personal subwoofer, what do you think? zo2 has amazing reviews for bass while actually helping the overall quality...

Essence> Zo2> dt990s?

then somenone at head fi said:

"as adding the ZO2 after your main amplifier would not be optimal if the headphone is high impedance."

so he reccomended: The ZO2 can be used as a pre-amp with it's tech to increase bass frequencies differently than a typical equalizer would do. The ZO2 isn't enough to power a higher impedance headphone. Hence, use it as a pre-amp to benefit it's bass enhancement tech and feed that into an E9 to then properly power a higher impedance headphone. That's why "all that equipment" as the OP clearly wants to use the ZO2 in conjunction with something because he's trying to maximum bass output.

a b 4 Gaming
December 1, 2011 5:28:38 PM

the main problem is as you add devices [in this case, the Zo2] after the amplifer, you start to reduce the power again, defeating the purpose of the amp on the soundcard.

But yeah, the Essence + dt990 is a killer combo, and the Essence is perfectly capable of properly driving a set of dt990s.
December 1, 2011 6:01:54 PM

Quote:
the main problem is as you add devices [in this case, the Zo2] after the amplifer, you start to reduce the power again, defeating the purpose of the amp on the soundcard.

But yeah, the Essence + dt990 is a killer combo, and the Essence is perfectly capable of properly driving a set of dt990s.

I've changed my mind, the essence is 170 and the dt990 pro is another 170, i only have 280 bucks, what would help drive the dt's but also help it's bass even more? which sound card i mean, hopefully one that costs 100 or around that area...

thanks!
a b 4 Gaming
December 1, 2011 6:17:09 PM

This next topics has been merged by Mousemonkey
  • Biggest BASSSSS!!!???
  • Best Soundcard for PS3 audio!
  • Best BASS in a gaming headset
  • Best soundcard for music and headphone gaming?
    December 16, 2011 7:24:31 PM

sayantan said:
    Sennheiser HD 280 pro
    Ultrasone HFI-680
    V-Moda XFLPR
    Sony MDR V900HD
    V-Moda V 80
    Beyerdynamic DT880 PRO
    Shure SRH750DJ

Why in gods name would you suggest the dt880 which has the LEAST BASS compared to the DT990pro and dt770 pro? I dont get it...also, 680? why not 780 or 580 which has even more bass? I just understand this logic in the options for "MOARRR BASS!"
    December 16, 2011 7:25:34 PM

sayantan said:

I asked: "These all have a STRONGER bass than the Sony xb500 right?" and you said yes they do? WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
    !