Intel core i5 vs i3 laptop

need some advice. looking at two hp laptops one has 15.6 screen with i5 os other has 17.2 screen with i3 os - same price - both have 500g mem and 4g ram. i prefer the larger screen. i will not be using it for gaming just basic word apps, internet, etc. how much am i really sacrificing by going with i3 as opposed to i5?
6 answers Last reply
More about intel core laptop
  1. Link the computer so we can see all the specs.
  2. It depends which i3 and which i5
  3. mfriday said:
    need some advice. looking at two hp laptops one has 15.6 screen with i5 os other has 17.2 screen with i3 os - same price - both have 500g mem and 4g ram. i prefer the larger screen. i will not be using it for gaming just basic word apps, internet, etc. how much am i really sacrificing by going with i3 as opposed to i5?

an i5 is pretty much just a i3 with turbo

but please list the other components so that we could compare them tho
  4. 1 could be 1st gen and the other second.
  5. For basic word apps, internet, watching video, etc. either processor will be faster regardless if it is a 1st or 2nd generation Core i3 or Core i5 CPU.

However, you should provide details / links to both laptops to determine which is the better value.
  6. actually if both of the laptops have the same spec apart from the cpu then its just up to you really, if you need the benefit of having a larger screen or you need a smaller laptop, and if you prefer the larger screen one then get it, the chances are the performance of the i3 wouldnt be too far off the i5
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Laptops Hewlett Packard Intel i5