SAMSUNG Sinpoint HD

ASUS 1080p monitor

EVGA Superclocked GTX570 1.2MB

ANTEC kickass 750W PSU

GSkill Ripjaw DDR3 1600 memory

Cooler master CPU cooler

Core i5-2500K + a combo MOBO

I have keyboard+mouse.

Total: $1,156.50 before rebates. I thought this was a pretty good deal. Cut down on less necessary component quality while maintaining the core parts. What do you think? Anything you would do differently? Have I covered all required parts for building (it is my first time)? Are all parts compatible?

I am going to purchase this very soon, so please hit me back!
20 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about about check build
  1. Looks good all parts I would consider, so changing anything would be personal preference!
  2. Thanks. So if I order this , I'll be able to build a computer that's ready to be loaded with win 7 right away? (do I need to get like, thermal paste?) That's my goal you see. haha
  3. Everything you need comes included cables with motherboard and thermal paste with cooler and so on!
  4. Yay! buying in an hour if noone else has other opinions!
  5. How overclock-able will this rig be? Will the cooling be okay non OC/yes OC?
  6. Sandy Bridge is very overclock able I would suggest getting an aftermarket cooler if you want to overclock
  7. what is an aftermarket cooler? can you give me linked examples?
  8. I just reread your op, and noticed you already had one, the hyper 212.
    You should be well over 4ghz with no problem
  9. It seems it has the worse reviews though! How about this?
    MSI P67A-G43 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
  10. That MSI is a good board! (I always take newegg reviews with a grain of salt)
  11. Best answer
    the gigabyte one has the small advantage of the z68 features (which you will probably never use). it also comes with an SLI bridge (the cable that connects the two cards for SLI). but, as i have mentioned, id take an 850w psu if you intend to sli gtx 570's. so i think any of those mobos are fine for a single card setup.
  12. ***. I already made the purchase. Do you mean with this MB I can't do SLI?
  13. you can sli with the g43, youll just have to buy the cable. these are easily found cheap because tons of people have ones they dont need:

for example just search ebay for "sli bridge":
    http://cgi.ebay.com/New-NVidia-Flexible-SLI-Bridge-PCI-E-Video-Connector-3-/250743552241?pt=PCC_Video_TV_Cards&hash=item3a617af8f1#ht_1419wt_905

sorry for the confusion and good luck with your build.
  14. Youngwoony said:
    ***. I already made the purchase. Do you mean with this MB I can't do SLI?

You should have really gone with the Gigabyte board.
  15. hm. does newegg allow altering of orders easily?
  16. call them, they are very helpful.
  17. Best answer selected by youngwoony.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product