Do I Need To Replace Something?

courtneyparks

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2011
Hello fellow computer users. I run windows XP and I believe it is SP2. A few days ago, I made the horrible mistake of not turning off my computer properly (I held the button until it went off) and now it does the boot up but once it gets the the XP loading screen, it will restart and I have to go to square one. Pressing the F Combination keys has gotten me nowhere. Can any help?

a_tractor

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011
ok put the recovery disks in the cd drive and find a option that says "Startup Repair"
im sure you will find it otherwise maby this would work? ok when you boot up click f8 a few times as i dont know when you need to click it then click "run startup Repair"
Hope this helps you.

a_tractor

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011
im really sorry but you cant download it on the internet from what i can see but you can click f8 while boot and try and find a option called "run startup reapair" Lets just hope that works otherwise you can buy a recovery disc on ebay or some online shop. but try the f8 while boot before you go and buy a recovery disc. also what version do you have? Professional or Home and student. you can check by going to My computer and looking for properties on the left i think. I hope you can get it to work.

a_tractor

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011
oh sorry didnt read your post properley about the f combination keys sorry. THIS WILL BE A BIG HELP. Just found some download links!!!

http://www.tipandtrick.net/2008/download-unmodified-original-windows-xp-with-sp3-integrated-full-retail-and-vl-install-cd-iso-image-from-msdntechnet-plus-via-http-or-torrent/

a_tractor

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011
yes download it then burn it with power iso if you have it or some iso burning software dont just copy it and paste it on a cd. search on google forpower iso then click "burd iso" then wait until its complete. ok then you will have to take the disc out then switch your computer off then on again and while its posting insert the disc and click any key to run windows setup.