Z77 Sabertooth Ram issue

g3bb

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2011
Hi All, hope you can help,

Have a 16GB kit of ddr3 1600mhz ram "Corsair Vengance"
so i insert all of the ram into the 4 dimms and the Memok button starts flashing,

i press it and it flashes more and what not but nothing happens to fix the problem anyway, however when i put the memory in Dimm 3&4 (single channel) the computer will boot,

i have check the motherboard compatability and it includes this ram...just wanna no wtf is goin on.. spent all this money and this happens..... any feedback will be appreciated./

Thanks in advance

Can u reset the BIOS?
Reset the CMOS memory the right way as is described in the motherboard manual using the clear CMOS link with the power cord unplugged.
And when the battery is out, press the power button to discharge all the electricity from the system.
How To Clear CMOS @ http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/tp/clearcmos.htm
[flash=480,270]http://www.youtube.com/v/rdHH9KrceR0?version=3&feature=player_detailpage[/flash]

g3bb

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2011
W7, i go to dl the latest bios and it wont let me update in asus suite it says ; Warning!@ BIOS framework was changed. the bios image cant use in this motherboard. please specify anotherone

inthedark1980

Honorable
Mar 4, 2012
When I had the problem you had , It actually had nothing to do with the actual ram or the dimms. It was actually the motherboard socket itself. I had bent pins from some prebuilder who thought muscling a cpu cooler on it was funny and of course ASUS will not replace motherboards with bent pins so the best thing to do if your a bit savvy is to either get yourself something incredibly small to use with some good magnifying glasses and continunue to try and put the bent pins back in a someone upright position. And if your not soo savvy then kiss your money goodbye because its a pretty penny to have asus fix it. But if you do manage to get the pins back in the right upright position then you very well could have a decent motherboard. But its a miticulous process and it requires a steady hand so take your time and protect your socket and make sure when you replace the cpu cooler to be extra carefull. the piece of technology underneath is expensive to say the least.