Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Realtek HDMI audio output not working...help??

Last response: in Components
October 29, 2011 7:08:46 PM

Hello,
I have an HP Pavillion Media Center PC model m8475c with Vista and have just recently started having issues not having sound come out of my monitor. I can tell you any specs you need to know but I also have a list of things I know work and don't work

-The HDMI cable is audio-capable, is plugged in fully, and functional.

-The monitor is receiving sound data because the green bar is dancing up and down under the Realtek HDMI Output device manager.

-Headphones work

-The monitor outputs sound fine when an xbox is plugged into it.

-Plugging the PC into a different monitor does not change the issue.

Any advice would greatly be appreciated. If it is also helpful to know, I just fully updated both my Realtek audio driver and nVidia GeForce 8400 HD video driver
October 29, 2011 7:43:15 PM

An interesting update:

After having done nothing but letting it sit around for a while I have now come to new symptom.

The headphones work...but don't at the same time

If my headphones are plugged in, the audio manager says sound is going to them but sound is coming out both the headphones and the monitor despite the fact that it is checked off that the rear device should mute when a headphone is plugged in.

If I unplug the headphones or switch the default device, sound stops coming out of both
October 30, 2011 2:41:12 PM

Uninstall and reinstall the Realtek drivers.
Related resources
August 19, 2012 4:04:36 AM

sykozis said:
Uninstall and reinstall the Realtek drivers.

Thank you sykozis, uninstall and reinstall Realtek drivers fixed it (Realtek not recognizing HDMI output - "unplugged") :bounce: 
a b C Monitor
August 19, 2012 9:49:37 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!