Sign in with
Your question

Nvidia gtx 560 Question

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 26, 2011 4:35:37 AM

Hello everyone, I just had a quick question about the Nvidia gtx 560 ti cards. I have an Asus P5N-T Deluxe mobo and I was simply wondering if there's any known compatibility issues with this card and my motherboard. Looking at purchasing it, and I want to be sure its all compatible together before I drop the money.

Running Windows XP, 4 gigs of ram, currently got 2 8800gt in SLI but looking to cut back to one card. If this one has a compatibility issues or anything, i'm certainly open to suggestions for a new card with this motherboard.
a c 1406 U Graphics card
a c 160 Î Nvidia
May 26, 2011 11:16:20 AM

Your board should be fully compatible with the card. Your blue slots are PCIe X16 version 2.0.
m
l
a c 272 U Graphics card
a c 172 Î Nvidia
May 26, 2011 7:10:25 PM

I've had a pair of GTX560's running in SLi on a 680i board and they ran just fine so go for it.
m
l
Related resources
May 26, 2011 10:19:34 PM

Thank you very much. I had seen a few posts about possible problems with the card when I googled the card and the board (mostly driver related) so I figured i'd ask before I spent that much money if there was anything the rest of the world knew that I didnt.

Another newb question. This will actually be the first time i've replaced my video card, is there anything special I need to know, or do? In regards to getting rid of the old ones from the system, and drivers, etc
m
l
May 27, 2011 12:36:27 AM

Sound advice but I dont think I can really afford to do both the card and 7 right now, not sure what its running cost wise. As long as XP can run with the card, i'll take the challenges one step at a time :p 
m
l
May 27, 2011 12:50:32 AM

Whats that? I'm not the most adept in this area lol. Will the card not perform well with XP? Or are we just trying to maximize its effectiveness to the limit?
m
l
May 27, 2011 12:56:14 AM

Always a good thing, and like I said, certainly sound advice, and I do appreciate it =). Want to upgrade, just cautious, I mean we all remember vista lol :p 
m
l
May 27, 2011 1:24:06 AM

My father had vista on his laptop, not sure if he was SP2'd or not, but it just felt like it was constantly getting in my way, like a well meaning caretaker or something lol
m
l
a c 272 U Graphics card
a c 172 Î Nvidia
May 27, 2011 4:23:33 PM

Omega21487 said:
Thank you very much. I had seen a few posts about possible problems with the card when I googled the card and the board (mostly driver related) so I figured i'd ask before I spent that much money if there was anything the rest of the world knew that I didnt.

Another newb question. This will actually be the first time i've replaced my video card, is there anything special I need to know, or do? In regards to getting rid of the old ones from the system, and drivers, etc

I know others have said "Just pop the card in and Windows will do the rest." but I've found that doesn't always work with the later drivers so I would advise that you uninstall the drivers that you are using now then change cards over, reboot and then install the latest drivers.
m
l
!