Sign in with
Your question
Closed

BF3 - Battlefield 3 - Sound Randomly Fails - RESOLVED - YEAH

Last response: in Components
October 29, 2011 8:51:24 PM

When playing BF3 my AUDIO randomly completely FAILS. This happens with the on-board realtek HD audio or with my sound blaster xfi extreme add-on card. Crazy... NOTE: Audio Slide in BF3 is all the way up....... NOTE: Sound for everything else is fine...

Found the FIX for this... (assuming that you use ORIGIN to launch BF3)
Leave BF3 running and Alt + Tab out,,, go to windows speaker icon in lower right hand corner of task bar... Click on it and click on Equalizer and it will pop up on the screen. NOTE: that the volume is up on everything EXCEPT ORGIN.... Slide Volume UP on ORIGIN to about 25%.... Go back into game and test... After this adjustment it slipped back to ZERO about 4 times before it finally STUCK at about 25% volume.... but it did finally stick. Then I went into the Game Volume and adjusted accordingly.... :bounce: 

Thanks Hellvor
October 29, 2011 9:28:19 PM

My friend has the same issue occasionally. I don't have any solution (sorry), but just thought i'd let you know that you're not alone. He has the integrated realtek chip and a sandy bridge system (laptop).
Score
October 30, 2011 12:01:07 AM

ojas said:
My friend has the same issue occasionally. I don't have any solution (sorry), but just thought i'd let you know that you're not alone. He has the integrated realtek chip and a sandy bridge system (laptop).

Cool... Good to know... I have the upgraded rev-3 motherboard that replaced the sandy bridge issues which were actually minor issues. This really sucks as I rely on the sound to hear who is around me. Thanks for letting me know.
Score
October 30, 2011 10:20:13 AM

You're welcome :) 

The game is pretty buggy, i guess we all have to wait for new patches/drivers.

DICE has, imo, ended up promoting CoD thanks to this mess.
Score
October 30, 2011 10:28:21 AM

go into the BIOS and disable the realtech sound.
Score
October 30, 2011 1:33:35 PM

ojas said:

ALL FIXED............

When playing BF3 my AUDIO randomly completely FAILS. This happens with the on-board realtek HD audio or with my sound blaster xfi extreme add-on card. Crazy... NOTE: Audio Slide in BF3 is all the way up....... NOTE: Sound for everything else is fine...

Found the FIX for this... (assuming that you use ORIGIN to launch BF3)
Leave BF3 running and Alt + Tab out,,, go to windows speaker icon in lower right hand corner of task bar... Click on it and click on Equalizer and it will pop up on the screen. NOTE: that the volume is up on everything EXCEPT ORGIN.... Slide Volume UP on ORIGIN to about 25%.... Go back into game and test... After this adjustment it slipped back to ZERO about 4 times before it finally STUCK at about 25% volume.... but it did finally stick. Then I went into the Game Volume and adjusted accordingly....

Score
November 2, 2011 12:43:06 PM

oh oh oh i think i know what this is!

this used to happen in America's Army too!

Try this, go to control panel->communications->click on "do nothing"!

It just may be the problem. I mean can you use ESN Sonar's VoIP properly? because if you can, then i think it's the prob.

I mean, no harm in trying!
Score
November 2, 2011 1:53:50 PM

Works fine on my ASUS Xonar Xense...I can test with Realtek later tonight and see if I can replicate.

BF3 launched pretty well, all things considered, and the new R7 server update fixes a lot of those server side problems. BF3 pushes systems, so its not a shock some people are having stability problems.
Score
November 13, 2011 3:31:46 PM

This worked for me:

(Open with notepad)
Go to C:\Users\xxxxxxxxx\Documents\Battlef­ield 3\settings

Open PROF_SAVE_profile

Change: 'GstAudio.AudioQuality' from 0 to 1 (or higher) :sol: 
Score
!