Hardware prob

G

My specs can be seen here --> http://specs.tweak.to/15771
All my parts are aprox. 1 year old and i just reinstalled my whole system with the newest drivers

The following test has only been done with Crysis 2 V1.4

This is my problem.

I'm shooting some badguys ingame and suddenly my screen goes black, within seconds it pop's back up and i can continue gaming..... Then again BAM goes black, continue gaming.... This goes on and on ..

What can be the problem of this?

I installed MSI afterburner and he says everything is default and is on 32 degrees...

My 3d card is brandnew since a phew days.

What can i do?

curryj02

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2008
try completely uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them. also try it with a different game and see if similar issues occur. you could also try using an older set of drivers and see if that helps (it has for me with ati in the past).

It is difficult to know for sure what the issue stems from. Ideally what you can do if nothing else helps, is to switch out the gfx card. hopefully you have a friend or an old system with a different gfx card you can use to test. put in the dif gfx card and run crysis 2 as long as you can to see if the issue disappears. If it doesn't, then its bound to be a driver problem.

This sounds like a hardware problem.

Things to try (not in order):
1. put your graphics card into another system that can support it (install proper drivers; make sure PSU is adequate)
2. borrow a graphics card to test your system (should be at least as power hungry as your current card)
3. run other games and benchmarking programs to see if the problem persists
4. recheck the power supply connections to the graphics card
5. run Memtest or the Windows built-in memory tester (reboot required)

G

I bought a HD6850 in January which had also an error..... My screen went black an made my PC crash...

I bougth my new Corsair PSU since i thougt i was a Power issue which it wasn't

I then tested my memory and stressed the HD6850 using 3d Futuremark en video memory stress test. My 3d card was clean without errors and my Memory was clean without errors. I send my HD6850 to repair department but they send it back to me and redeemed it Clear.

So i sold this card and bought myself a GTX460.. This one however doenst crash but gives teh black screens.

I can Play Fable III , portal 2, Assassins creed brotherhood without any problems what so ever ....