ATI 4850 11.5 catalyst driver update: Screen Keeps Dimming

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMOSound

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2011
Hi,
This is probable an easy fix but i cant figure out how too it.
I changed my graphics card to a 4850 a week ago, installed lastest drivers and now every time I'm either on the desktop, view a web page that doesn't have a scroll bar and even playing some games, the screen dims. Any other time its at normal brightness.
I had an nvidia card before this if it helps, encase its a driver conflicts.
This is starting to really annoy me and your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Solution
Also keep in mind that while a newer driver may fix old bugs or improve performance, it can also cause new bugs as well.

Use driversweeper to completely remove all nVidia and AMD/ATI drivers. Reboot and then install Catalyst 11.5 drivers. If the problem persists then try an older Catalyst version.
Also keep in mind that while a newer driver may fix old bugs or improve performance, it can also cause new bugs as well.

Use driversweeper to completely remove all nVidia and AMD/ATI drivers. Reboot and then install Catalyst 11.5 drivers. If the problem persists then try an older Catalyst version.

Solution

BMOSound

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2011
Used driver sweeper and now every time i log in i get a blank white screen only half a dozen to a dozen processes running. I cant install drivers in safe mode because it just comes up with "failed to load detection driver". I tried installing them manually but still doesn't work. If anyone knows how to fix my new problem that would be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.