Sign in with
Your question

Corrosion problem

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 26, 2011 8:02:28 PM

Hi,
As I am living on the sea shore, I try to protect my Hardware the best I can. Unfortunately in the last 2.5 years I have already changed 3 video cards. The last one was a Nvidia GTX 260. Now I want to but the GTX 560 Ti (for my budget). Which brand is the strongest built against corrosion? Can I spray a protecting product on the card ,if yes, which one?
Thanks for your reply
Michel

More about : corrosion problem

May 26, 2011 9:14:19 PM

You might want to also consider other causes for your failing video cards like your motherboard. What is exactly happening?

I highly doubt the humidity and/or salt in the air is causing the problem but computer electronics manufacturers should provide environmental specs and list humidity ratings for their products in the manual so if you really are having a problem you might want to consider an air purifier or dehumidifier to remove the extra moisture and/or salt in the air.
m
l
a c 171 U Graphics card
May 27, 2011 3:14:19 AM

^agreed, if the salt and sea air were getting to your components it would be more than just the vid cards that fail. There is no way of telling which video card will be more resistant to corrosion than another. If there are no signs of corrosion on the card then you could just return it under warranty.
m
l
May 27, 2011 3:41:47 AM

Maybe the voltages on your psu are off, what is your psu.
m
l
!