Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family

simplyme2991

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
Hello,
I have Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family installed in my Zoostorm vista computer! I really want to improve my gaming graphics but i am afraid of breaking my system. Any ideas of graphics cards that are compatable and will improve my computer?

System detail:

Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60GHz
Memory (RAM):2.00 GB
Graphics: Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family
Gaming graphics: 286 MB Total available graphics memory

Help! I ve look all over google and found little help.

What kind of games are you looking to play and at what resolution ? I'm not familiar with how Zoostorm speck their PC's regarding the Power supply. Do you know what the make and power of the supply is ?
With these off the shelf PC's its usually the fitted PSU that limits what graphics cards can and cant be used. You can upgrade your power supply if it proves necessary but lets not worry about that just yet.
Basically you should be ok with low powered cards that don't need an extra power cable attached. I think your going to have PCIE slots on that chipset so anything that is a PCIE card and needs no extra power should be good to go.
You should be able to find out whats compatible or not from Zoostorm customer support or failing that teh Motherboard manufacturers website. Assuming its not a custom made board especially for Zoostorm.

Mactronix :)

[:mousemonkey:5] [:mousemonkey:5] Bottlenecked [:mousemonkey:5] [:mousemonkey:5] :pfff: :pfff: :non: :non:

I'm pretty much fed up with people throwing the term Bottlenecked around with what they are saying having no basis in fact.
So far we don't even know IF the PSU will be a limiting factor, it could be that they use decent PSU's like Dell. What we don't need is incorrect statements about the OP's CPU potentially bottlenecking certain cards starting to confuse the issue.

Although I agree it's thrown around a lot, I had the e5300 with a 5770 and it was bottlenecked, I could gain up to 20 fps-turok 2008 Crysis Warhead, war hammer mark of Caos.

I was going from 2.6- 4.0 Ghz and the amount of frames I gained was epic

When playing warhead I would close/disable everything, unused services.

warhead saw gains of of up to 9 FPS in the beach area, it made a big difference.

In this case it is quite accurate

A 5770 is a hell of a lot more card than a 5670. How you can claim that its accurate to say anything above a 5670 will be bottlenecked by a e5300 based on your experience with the same CPU and a 5770 is beyond me.

JNerdSlayerT

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013
I have the same graphics card but i need to remove it as well to play a game which requires pixel shader 3.0 my card does not support 3.0 and i cannot play the game is there any help for me?