Sign in with
Your question

Replacement for Razer Diamondback?

Last response: in Components
October 30, 2011 7:11:36 AM

After 6 years of faithful service my Razer Diamondback started dying from a broken cable. I liked the way I had to hold the diamondback, are there any other mice like it?

It needs to have back forward button on thumb side (left). The rest is fluff for me.

I looked at Logitech G400, but I heard issues about "angle snapping"?

Cooler Master Storm Spawn Gaming Mouse was also an alternative since it's on sale, but I have no idea how it performs.

What about Deathadder? It seems a little overkill for me, but it's the only low priced razer with side buttons (abyssus doesn't have that).

Thanks
December 13, 2011 2:00:59 AM

KatanaBob said:
After 6 years of faithful service my Razer Diamondback started dying from a broken cable. I liked the way I had to hold the diamondback, are there any other mice like it?

It needs to have back forward button on thumb side (left). The rest is fluff for me.

Cooler Master Storm Spawn Gaming Mouse was also an alternative since it's on sale, but I have no idea how it performs.

What about Deathadder? It seems a little overkill for me, but it's the only low priced razer with side buttons (abyssus doesn't have that).

Thanks

Hello,

I'm in the same boat as you. My good old diamondback was ready for retirement and needed to be replaced. My research landed me with two mice to try. The Deathadder 3.5 and the CM Storm Spawn.

I started with the Deathadder, and my hand was not pleased at first. The Deathadder felt like a giant compared to my diamondback. But I was expecting that being that the diamondback leans more towards a claw grip and the Deathadder a palm grip. So I gave the mouse a week of use to "break" it in. After awhile of use I did notice improvement in my accuracy in first person shooters. The thumb buttons are in the perfect spot on the mouse and are big enough to easily hit. The main mouse buttons are extremely easy to click so fast paced repetitive clicking is a piece of cake. LOD seemed fine to me. Scroll wheel was kind of loud and the mouse feet weren't the smoothest when compared to my diamondback. The braided cord drove me nuts because it was so heavy I could feel and hear it while moving the mouse.

I'm currently testing the CM Storm Spawn. Reverting back to a claw grip is proving to be a challenge. Especially with how small this mouse really is. Right off the bat I was able to make sure that prediction and angle snapping were turned off by simply using the software provided by the manufacture's site. The mouse itself glides around my mouse-pad with little force needed. While playing first person shooters I can say this mouse is also extremely accurate. Two thumb buttons are located on the left side and I think the placement is good. LOD feels super low. The cord is not braided thankfully. So far I'm really enjoying the mouse.

So yeah, your on the right path. I just started testing the spawn so I haven't made my mind up yet. Let me know what you end up doing.

July 10, 2013 6:28:20 PM

KatanaBob said:

Thanks

I think I've found the perfect replacement for the Razer Diamondback: the E-Blue (E-3lue?) Cobra Jr, I, or II

http://cloud1.lbox.me/images/384x384/201106/e-blue-cobr...
!