Inspiron 6000: moving from Winxp Home to Pro....driver que..

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
July 27, 2005 12:53:17 AM

Hi,

I'm gonna format HD and install Winxp-Pro (current Winxp-Home). Just
curious, if anyone has done this & they had any trouble with finding
all the program/drivers that're pre-installed. The only site I could
find was this Dell
http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/devices.aspx?...
But wondering if all these things are availabe on one cd from some
where.

BTW, the system didn't come w/ any CD.

Thanx,
Latez.
July 27, 2005 10:23:17 AM

sherry <your_prince20@hotmail.com> wrote:
: Hi,

: I'm gonna format HD and install Winxp-Pro (current Winxp-Home). Just
: curious, if anyone has done this & they had any trouble with finding
: all the program/drivers that're pre-installed. The only site I could
: find was this Dell
: http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/devices.aspx?...
: But wondering if all these things are availabe on one cd from some
: where.

: BTW, the system didn't come w/ any CD.

Cafeful - are you sure there isn't a hidden recover partition on it?
If so, you will not want to erase that partition! Or did you buy the
computer used? In that case, it may have come with a recover CD plus
additional CDs with drivers on them. I wiped a couple of Dell
desktops for someone a few months ago - these were only about two
years old - and they had numerous application/driver CDs in addition
to the single recover CD. I did need the driver CD, although I think
you can get all the drivers you need from Dell's website.

Andrew
--
----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----
July 27, 2005 3:37:15 PM

if the machine is new there is a folder called, Drivers, copy the content to
a cdrom/
These are the drivers specific to your machine.

"sherry" <your_prince20@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm gonna format HD and install Winxp-Pro (current Winxp-Home). Just
> curious, if anyone has done this & they had any trouble with finding
> all the program/drivers that're pre-installed. The only site I could
> find was this Dell
> http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/devices.aspx?...
> But wondering if all these things are availabe on one cd from some
> where.
>
> BTW, the system didn't come w/ any CD.
>
> Thanx,
> Latez.

July 28, 2005 10:54:36 PM

I have an Inspiron 9300 and it did not come with any cd's. There were
instructions on how to create an OS cd. I followed the instructions and it
didn't work. I sent an e-mail to tech support and they sent me 3
cd's..........OS, Drivers, Other programs. I sent e-mail on Saturday and
received the cd's on Tuesday.

!