How's this config in your opinion? Any suggestions?

008Rohit

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
So, I've bought a new PC half a month ago. Here's the specs of it :

Processor : Intel Core i3 2100 (LGA1155)

Motherboard : Intel DH61WW Desktop Board

RAM : 2GB DDR3 1333Mhz - EVM

Graphics Card : Inbuilt Intel HD 2000

Hard Disk : 500GB S-ATA 3.0GB/s Seagate

Cabinet : Frontech Imagine

PSU : Came with the Cabinet (Local maybe) - 450W

LG DVD R/W

Do you suggest me anything else or is this fine for Smartphone Firmware files Repacking and Mid-scale gaming (FIFA 11, NFS Most Wanted etc) and web-browsing?

BTW, The Processor temp. goes all the way up to 75C while playing games. Is this normal? I have no case fans installed at the moment but I was planning to buy a CoolerMaster one.

^ Are you sure the temps are right ??? The i3 2100 is a 32nm CPU and is very efficient and will run cool even at full load,... See if you can increase the CPU fan speed using BIOS,... Also as you said you dont have a fan in the case, get one - even a cheapo would do,...

008Rohit

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011

I've already increased the CPU Fan Speed from BIOS Settings.
There was a setting like : "Try to keep the CPU Temp. : x"
It was 85C by default, I've changed it to 65C.

Note that the temperature stays below 50C if I just do normal web browsing etc. But it only goes up to 75-80C when I game. :-\

I'm trying to get a CoolerMaster XtraFlo fan. Also, I guess the original intel CPU fan is allright isn't it? and I don't have to apply additional thermal paste on the bottom of the heatsink? It came with thermal paste pre-applied.

^ Still 75C is very high even with stock fan,... Check with other CPU temp monitoring softwares just to confirm the temps,...

No for that CPU, the stock fan and cooler would be fine,... Also check if the cooler is mounted properly,... If the cooler is not mounted properly, it also gives temp issues,...

008Rohit

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011

1. I've tested a couple of temperature monitoring softwares and all are reporting the same.

2. It's mounted as it should be. The store from which I bought the parts assembled them for free.

Pictures of the Processor/Heatsink :

index.php

index.php

index.php

Forgive me for the crap quality pictures.

008Rohit

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011

Removed after 7days of installing.
I've checked the temperatures with a various softwares and all report the same.

Maybe some problem with my cheap 8$ Case? (Frontech Imagine)

I'm trying hard to save some money to buy a CoolerMaster case fan.

008Rohit

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
The frontech cabinet is giving me current (12V) if I touch the metalic parts of it. Is this at all normal?
The cabinet is also extremely small. (A lot smaller than my old cabinet.) So maybe that's why I face the overheating issue?

008Rohit

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
I got a new (used maybe, but working) MoBo from Intel today. I went to the market and bought two things,

1. Corsair CX430 - 2350rs
2. CoolerMaster 80mm Case Fan - 150rs

1$ = 50rs

I assembled it with efforts. The RAM is working only from slot 1. The mobo wont post if the RAM is in slot 2. Maybe that slot is damaged/dead?

Now, The temps. stay at 55C while gaming.