Fans at 5000 rpm's each.. how to make it slower

kfc4vr

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2011
Hi there, since i reformatted my pc, the speed of both fans is now 5000 rpm, o tried to check bios, and the only option about in there is SMART fan if i'm not mistaken, so i disabled it.. but nothing happens.. my pc is quite loud now, although my cpu stays cool, i'm just afraid that at this speed, my fans wont last.. can anyone help me on this? i tried using speedfan but i'm too noob to use it.. any help wpuld be appreciated... thanks....

I think you have something else wrong in addition to your speed problem. If these are 92 mm fans or larger, I doubt if they can even run at 5000 rpm. Maximum speed for a 120 mm case fan is generally around 2000 rpm.

Which fans? What kind are they?

What are you using to use to monitor the fan speed? What does the BIOS say the speed is?

Have you tried to replace the fans?

Which fans run at 5000 RPM? CPU and ??? By "I reformatted my PC", I presume that you meant "I reformatted the hard disk and then I reinstalled the OS, etc."

Enable Smart fan again and save the new configuration. If the fans still run at full speed, then check the temperatures.