I saw this and thought of MPrilla

Synopsis: People who are incompetent in a particular field are also
bad at estimating their own abilities in that field.

It may explain Mr M Prilla's continuing boasting of his abilities in
scripting, debating and TCP/IP topography - despite significant
evidence to the contrary.

http://www.apa.org/journals/psp/psp7761121.html

Love

Flamy the flame boy (as I was once christened by MPrilla)
3 answers Last reply
More about thought mprilla
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    >Synopsis: People who are incompetent in a particular field are also
    >bad at estimating their own abilities in that field.
    >
    >It may explain Mr M Prilla's continuing boasting of his abilities in
    >scripting, debating and TCP/IP topography - despite significant
    >evidence to the contrary.
    >
    >http://www.apa.org/journals/psp/psp7761121.html
    >
    >Love
    >
    >Flamy the flame boy (as I was once christened by MPrilla)

    Were you looking that up to deal with your own incopetence? Or is that
    impotence?

    Listen Flamy the flame boy I am the best scripter in the world and I do know
    what I am doing and dispel magic doesn't vary by level. The only thing that
    causes dispel magic to fail is magic resistance.

    Mike Group Owner InfinityScripters, InfinityScripters2, AuroraScripters,
    AuroraModers, BWScript, Guild site at BioWare And Moderator at IEEAIS
    Webrings AI Scripting Ring for Infinity And Aurora Engine Games, DARK SIDE OF
    BALDURS GATE, Icewind Dale II Webring, La guilde des Balduriens, Mike's
    Baldur's Gate Cheaters ring, Neverwinter Nights Webring, Neverwinter Webring,
    Planescape: Torment Ring, The Infinity Support Team, The Neverwinter Guilds
    Webring, The Shadows of Amn Gamers Webring, Webring Baldur's Gate 2, Baldur's
    Clan 2002, InfinityScripters Webring

    KING HENRY V
    We would have all such offenders so cut off: and we give express charge, that
    in our marches through the country, there be nothing compelled from the
    villages, nothing taken but paid for, none of the French upbraided or abused in
    disdainful language; for when lenity and cruelty play for a kingdom, the
    gentler gamester is the soonest winner.

    HENRY V Act 3 Scene 6 William Shakespeare

    BATES
    Ay, or more than we should seek after; for we know enough, if we know we are
    the kings subjects: if his cause be wrong, our obedience to the king wipes the
    crime of it out of us

    WILLIAMS
    But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make,
    when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join
    together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place;' some
    swearing, some crying for a surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind
    them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left. I am
    afeard there are few die well that die in a battle; for how can they charitably
    dispose of any thing, when blood is their argument? Now, if these men do not
    die well, it will be a black matter for the king that led them to it; whom to
    disobey were against all proportion of subjection.

    HENRY V Act 4 Scene 1 William Shakespeare
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    mprilla@aol.com (MPrilla) wrote in message news:<20040916120008.26518.00000862@mb-m03.aol.com>...
    > >Synopsis: People who are incompetent in a particular field are also
    > >bad at estimating their own abilities in that field.
    > >
    > >It may explain Mr M Prilla's continuing boasting of his abilities in
    > >scripting, debating and TCP/IP topography - despite significant
    > >evidence to the contrary.
    > >
    > >http://www.apa.org/journals/psp/psp7761121.html
    > >
    > >Love
    > >
    > >Flamy the flame boy (as I was once christened by MPrilla)
    > >

    > Were you looking that up to deal with your own incopetence? Or is that
    > impotence?
    >
    > Listen Flamy the flame boy I am the best scripter in the world and I do know
    > what I am doing and dispel magic doesn't vary by level. The only thing that
    > causes dispel magic to fail is magic resistance.

    Suddenly you're the grammar teacher here? lmao.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    There's also this: http://www.halcyon.com/jmashmun/npd/dsm-iv.html

    1. An exaggerated sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates
    achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without
    commensurate achievements)

    "Jeff the flying monkey" <geek_boy76@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Synopsis: People who are incompetent in a particular field are also
    > bad at estimating their own abilities in that field.
    >
    > It may explain Mr M Prilla's continuing boasting of his abilities in
    > scripting, debating and TCP/IP topography - despite significant
    > evidence to the contrary.
    >
    > http://www.apa.org/journals/psp/psp7761121.html
    >
    > Love
    >
    > Flamy the flame boy (as I was once christened by MPrilla)

Games TCP/IP Video Games