How to configure 3 monitors in latest version of CCC?

moabak

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
I'm running a SAPPHIRE 100293DP Radeon HD 5570 with Eyefinity. I have one 23inch Acer monitor connected by DVI. One Dell 21 inch monitor connected by DVI. And one Dell 21 inch monitor connected via active adapter to the Displayport. (DVI cable to the active display port adapter.)

I can't get the Catalyst software to allow any more than 2 monitors to work. I've also updated to the latest version of all ATI software and drivers. Including Catalyst Control Center.

What am I doing wrong? It shows the third monitor. And I can swap it out for one of the other two. And it even comes on during the boot sequence. But I can't get all three to work at once.

All of the video tutorials show a VERY different version of CCC. The last looks like what I posted below. How do I configure it to accept 3 monitors?

moabak

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
Anybody? Someone must have had this problem? I have a trouble ticket into Sapphire. But man. Someone should have an up to date tutorial how to make their new Catalyst software work with 3 monitors.

moabak

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
Here's a picture of the last CCC that I have:

ScreenHunter_02May271555.gif

viper_69

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
most of The 5xxxs dont support 3 monitors...at least my sapphire does not but you can get a y cable to connect your second a third monitors... thats what I have read to get over the duel display if you wanna run 3 monitors....But make sure you have a GOOD psu

moabak

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
Mine has eyefinity and claims to be able to run three monitors on the box. God this is getting ridiculous. I can't find anyone to help me. (Not you. You've been very gratious enough to answer my post.) But this is really frustrating. There isn't even a paid support line. I'd pay at this point.

My version of CCC looks nothing like the tutorials. They need to make a new one. It's very confusing software.

viper_69

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
I know they are all old I went thryu kinda the same thing with ccc but never had more than one monitor runin at a time.....computer desk is too small....but like I said befor ....you psu is weak...you need to upgrade that to at least a 650 to run 3 displays and everything else in your rig.....try to pick up a y splitter that usually works and the cable is not that costly....but I cant stress enough that you need more power man....oh and mine says the same thing too but there is a whole nother topic for my card and yeah they need to redo their tutorials it seems like they have not updated since amd took over

4745454b

Titan
While the 5570 like all the 5xxx chips supports Eyefinity, most cards don't have it enabled. This is because they usually include a VGA, DVI and HDMI and not the required DP. Are you sure you have an active DP to DVI converter?

Edit: Your PSU has nothing to do with how many monitors you can run.

viper_69

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
really...so your sayin I could run 3 monitors with a 400watt psu and still game on it??even a 500? Im not thinkin so...where does the power come form for the displays? thru the card right? well the card need power to run...it needs more power to run the rest of the system cd/dvd/hdd fans mobo cpu ram I dont get why you say the monitors has nothing to do with power

moabak

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
I bought the Sapphire active adapter. So I know it's active. If someone could explain to me where to enable three monitor support in the new ccc software. I would literally pay them. All of the tutorials show a different software.

PS - I'm not gaming on this machine. Just business use.

moabak

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
It shows my cards like the screen shot above. And the bottom one won't allow you to right click it and get any options. Which is what a pop up on it says it should. Go figure.

viper_69

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
so are the dell monitors working and the acer is not? or do you have one of each working? Have you tested each monitor separately? may be dumb questions but its to rule the little things out.....it could be the fact that one of your cables could be bad...

viper_69

Distinguished
May 24, 2011

Oh i feel stupid...sorry tired...duh of course th monitors plug into the wall Im lookin at mine right after your post and there went the old head slap DOH!

jockey

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010
A couple of drivers ago I was given an option to download a new look, that threw me off.
Looking back at your first CCC picture towards the top of this post, I see a disabled display icon below the two recognized displays. Right click on that should bring up an option to enable it. That should trigger Eyefinity option in display/ create display option.

moabak

Distinguished
May 10, 2011

I'm supposed to be able to right click that icon and select what your talking about. But it doesn't allow that. All I can do is drag it up and swap it out with one of the other monitors.

Anyone know where I might find an older version of CCC? Or any idea where I go from here?

4745454b

Titan
Now that I'm home with my 5750....

I'm using 11.2. Third from the top on the left hand side have Desktop Management. When I click that the first option is Creating and Arranging Desktops. I'm pretty sure that's where you'd setup Eyefinity. I only have the one monitor so that's the only option I have to work with. If you only see two screens, as I've been trying to tell you you either don't have things hooked up right, or you have the wrong card.