Can I Xfire xfx 5770 w/ sapphire 5770?

viper_69

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
Well I just went thru this myself about the difference between the bioss and how they work together lots to explain but to put it bluntly its like running to different os's on your rig. the loop hole that there is is that you have the option of flashing the bios in the xfx card which the first link is the best one but you have to flash the xfx bios from the sapphire bios so they are on the same"page" as it were....its not recommended to those who donot know how to do this cuz you could end up bricking one of your cards...happend to me 2 days ago and I have flashed many of these cardsati puts to many restrictions on these cards but buy flashing them and not usin ccc you can adjust bios settings higher clock settings and some time if supported which the sapphire is not voltage settings. at your own risk you can read up on it google it and everything you need to learn is there. BUT my advice is get the exact same card to x fire. I have run into a few unpleasant issues with x fire. I would rather go with one good card instead of 2 or 3 cards simply cuz some games donot not support xfire

4745454b

Titan
They CF just fine. CF is very forgiving. I have no clue what Viper is trying to talk about between differences in the cards bios. AFAIK he's wrong.

Edit: You can CF a 5770 with a 5750. I'm sure they use a different bios. I can't imagine why you couldn't CF those 5770s.

Status
Not open for further replies.