Attn all CM haf 922 users

demoose

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
Until I can acquire the windowed side panel, I've a question for all you haf 922 owners out there. Is it a noisy machine? I intend to keep it in my front room and have read some reviews about the noise of the graphic cards and fans seeping through the mesh panel even if on idle mode. I don't particulary want the 932, although it's within my price range for the simple reason that they have no dust filters. I won't be a hardened gamer. I'm building more of a high spec work horse with the option to play the odd game or two in my spare time. Most of the day I expect the computer be left on but would hate to think I'm making a wrong investment when it comes to the noise.

demoose

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
Yes I've a family member in Canada who could get me the window side panel. But was always under the assumption that the haf 922 came with dust filters?

gnilaeh

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009

Actually I am very happy with the haf922. My vid card is a gtx 560 ti duel fan 830 mhz oc`ed to 870, my i5 2500k cpu is oc`ed to 4.1 using intel stock fan for now and i dont really hear much coming from the case. I love all the space inside thats helps to keep the hardware cool.

Then i guess its all in how much hardware you are putting inside and what kind. If your worried about dust you can use panty hose to cover up the side panel inside. I have read read where someone uses it to cover the cpu fan for dust.