Need a second opinion on my NCIX PC

sharki9876

Distinguished
May 20, 2010
So I did that online thing called "PC Builder" where you select your components for a PC and they build it for you (with an extra charge of $50).
It's a convenient tool, but still I have to choose all this stuff myself. So I did that, but I decided to go on here and post my hardware and ask for a second opinion. You know, like will it start up? Will there be compatibility issues?
I'm pretty new to this as you might have guessed so bear with me and try using layman's terms if possible.

So here's my build:

http://pc.ncix.com/pcbuilder/index.php?action=getprice&id=3481495&platformid=1000

And I am aware that there is no graphics card. In order to save a couple hundred bucks I decided to use an EVGA GTX 285 1gb that my friend gave me which should still handle games pretty well in this day and age if I'm not mistaken.

I'm really just asking for suggestions here and of course tell me if there's going to be a problem when I finally press the ON button.
Now apparently they will do a "thorough testing" of the system before they ship it to me.
Also, I'd be lying if I didn't say I was on a budget and I'm pretty happy at the price tag as it is now. So long as it stays that way.

sharki9876

Distinguished
May 20, 2010
will that motherboard be both compatible with my phenom II x4 965 CPU as well as a nvidia gtx 285 1gb GPU?

cuz one of my main issues here is trying to find a good mobo that will handle those 2 brands. since getting an ATi or Intel mobo would end up costing me an extra couple hundred bucks

thanks for the awesome reply, i think you may have just saved me a lot of money